Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Why Black Magic will die, part 0
  • 60 Replies sorted by
  • @vicharris

It is not PR. I think it is interesting to look at economics, cameras market and semiconductor business. And show were the place of such company like BM is now.

• Doesn't the name give away their sugar daddy? Folks, we BM customers all sold our souls! ;-)

• Maybe the heading should read Why BM "must" die Part 0.

• Stratix® 10 FPGAs and SoCs offer breakthrough advantages in bandwidth and system integration, including the next-generation hard processor system (HPS), to deliver the industry’s highest performance and most power- efficient FPGAs and SoCs. Stratix 10 devices are manufactured on the revolutionary Intel 14 nm 3D Tri-Gate transistor technology, which delivers breakthrough levels of performance and power efficiencies that were previously unimaginable. When coupled with 64 bit quad-core ARM® CortexTM-A53 processors and advanced heterogeneous development and debug tools - See more at: http://www.altera.com/devices/fpga/stratix-fpgas/stratix10/stx10-index.jsp#sthash.3yMaHLM7.dpuf

One of the news tightly related with upcoming Part 1. It must be noted that leading FPGA manufacturers are always first to use latest technologies, also having few ARM cores is pretty normal also.

• What happened to part 1?

• @LongJohnSilver

Still writing it, sorry. Wanted to change direction and add more interesting stuff.

• Ok, I thought I missed it :)

• Long overdue first part must be available tomorrow.

It had been very interesting to check various information and opinions while preparing them.

• Looking forward to your analysis, VK. I've always kind of thought BlackMagic cams were analogous to the Tucker automobile example. Innovative and better in many ways, but lacking critical mass to ensure longevity.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Have you got a BMCC ?