Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood ClusterX series 2:│moon│ЅріzZ│nebula│drewnet│Slipstream │Redshift
  • 1053 Replies sorted by
  • I know it's the wrong topic but I think you guys mean usable range. Not total. Usable without getting into trouble during grading is around 6 or so and I find that to be true. I bought an Ikan D5W to help me stay in this range.

• thank you @kkorr. yeah I, really love the look of the Helios too @atibob . some vintage glass is just really amazing.

• @driftwood thank a lot for u r greatest effort. hope the progress reaches to a very positive side. will T6 be great to use for 24p featured film makers? Or it's just another experiment?

• NEWS: 'moon T6 Pack' downloadable on page 1

To hardened followers and testers of these pages some of the patch entries in ptools designed for moon T6 (variety trial pack) will seem a little strange - especially variants B and C with their ZERO'd Frame Limits (and frame buffers in C). A new matrix together with some other finely tuned patches all create the basis of moon T6 and a few (more) months of research (sic!)

Ive been trying to find out how to knock out the green tinting effect on record and Im sure its better (you confirm), Ive been looking at a more balanced contrast for the luminance values in the matrix, and Ive experimenting further with pushing quantisation as and when its required (and maximising bitrate).

All in all, what do we have here? Three distinct patches that move slightly away from the build of moon T5 into a new design - conceptually allowing the encoder to make even better use of bitrate whilst keeping quantisation tight to each other no matter how high or low it goes. Each of the settings are very similar but a with just a few more adjustments made to various patches - do they work for you? Test away and respond;- Do you like A, B or C. If any of the settings fail - let me know. Give good reasons to your findings and share them here. Thanks.

Enjoy.

• @avalon that so called RAW emulation grading effect by andyvia68 looks really bad, why are you doing that?

• @avalon Yeah, and I'd say you're using the tilt shift wrong. That lens is WAY to long for it. You're losing the effect of miniature people and places.

• Thank you for your effort D, downloading the patch right now!

• @avalon Slow down dude and chill out. I'm just learning to use a tilt shift too. If you're going for that miniature effect that's so popular, you are doing it wrong. Look at any other video out there that uses this effect. If that's what you were not going for, then I guess I'm in the wrong, if it is, you're using it wrong. Pretty cut and dry. BTW, your VALID justification can be seen in the awesome timelapse, tilt shift video on the GH3 thread here of the fair at night. That's how you use a tilt shift.

• @ driftwood - Hi Sir, please can you tell us a bit more about this Moon T6 Pack ? Will it improve the black and shadows ? How about the contrast ? How would you suggest us to try it (them, in fact) ?

• @driftwood still a slight green shift when hitting record with setting G

• @GravitateMediaGroup same here with the Green shift.

@Driftwood I don't see too much of a difference between Moon T5 and Moon T6 a,b,c. The only difference I can notice are the file sizes in T6 are higher, and T6 is slightly darker then T5.

• @avalon Seriously dude, chill the the hell out. Enough with the caps. Listen, you just join, post an assload of "test" video clips and get on people for commenting on them. If you can't stand people to comment, why are you even here and why are you posting anything? You're first tilt shift video is crap. Period. The one you just posted, good. Why would you post the crappy one when you had a good one and then yell at me when you obviously knew it was crap. Many of us have posted videos on here and received both negative and positive feedback and not felt the need to yell at people about it. Drink a beer, smoke a joint or take Xanax and just relax a little.

• he he he...

• T6 SET G

sigma 30mm w/tiffen variND, no grade, no noise reduction

T6 SET G 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 718K
    T6 SET G.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 617K
  • @GravitateMediGroup You love that 30mm Sigma! :)

• @vicharris quote "Drink a beer, smoke a joint or take Xanax and just relax a little." LOL :) you seriously made my day. I am glad that I visited personal view today. Live, Love, and Laugh :)

@avalon nothing personal but did you have to post 7 videos in one day? It kinda feels like you are spamming this website to get views on your videos or something...

I hope this patch takes away the green tint, this is probably the biggest issue I have with the GH2. Thanks Driftwood for continually improving your patches.

• @Azo Glad I could brighten your day! I'm probably going to take some of my own advice here soon ;) I agree with the spam and view comment of yours. Seems really odd to me. Not sure V is cool with people doing this stuff. There was no reason to put some of those videos up.

• @Driftwood - thanks!!!

• I never really noticed the green shift in video, but I have noticed that my stills (RAW) have it. I noticed this a few weeks ago going through some pictures. Easy enough to correct, but I wonder if it isn't something else, and not just in video

• can i use moon with sandisk extreme 45mbs ??? algo wich one is best for grading moon , intravenus 2 or good old sedna??? thanks to everybody .

• @GravitateMediaGroup What ISO are you using for the two posted images?

• @monoseba

The recomended cards for the higher bitrate patches are the Sandisk Extreme 64Gb 95MB/s cards. I have the 45MB/s and the 95MB/s cards. If you are looking into purchasing cards just buy the 95MB/s and be done with it. If you already have the 45MB/s cards they will work with Moon T5, Nebula, and the Slipstream ClusterX series of patches.

Best Regards :)

• @t1000

ISO 160 shutter 1/40

• Hi Nick @driftwood,

Greaaat news! :-)

I will check them after going home.

Regarding Spizz, I would like to hear your opinion later.

• @bkmcwd I don't know was that a coincidence but Spizz T5 has stopped spanning in HBR mode on my 64GB 95MB/s cards after I used SD Formatter on them. It was spanning before....

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters