Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Self Introduction & Question about Noise Reduction
  • Hello everyone. My name is Pedro from Barcelona (Spain). Semi-pro photographer (www.pcortacansphoto.com), on my way to videographer.

For a long time, I've shot videos with any photo camera that I'd have around, not taking care about shutter speed, fps, etc. After some months of saving and research, I decided to go for a GH3. I feel now confident enough to show some of my work to the world (via Vimeo).

Last week I shot a movie in a hospital. Not every space was well lit, and after editing and some basic color grading, I realized there's some kind of noise (or blocks, I'm not sure) on the darker areas (specially black plastic chairs in waiting rooms).

Technicalities: GH3+12-35 f2,8 , MOV at 25fps and 50fps, ISO not higher than 1600, Premiere on Mac.

My question is: is there any serious noise reduction technique in Premiere? Photoshop is excellent at noise reduction, and I am really surprised that everybody is skipping Premiere when talking about N-R, and talking about 3rd party apps.

Please find below a link to the video.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

P.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • @PCortacans

Let'll dissect yout good post into three parts.

First must go into http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/6014/introduce-yourself#Item_66 topic.

Second is going to Showcase where I moved your post.

And last must be asked in existing topic, either Premiere CS6 one or one about noise reduction plugins.

• Wow @Vitaily, that was fast!

My intro was just a tiny effort to be polite (first post here). I definitely DO NOT intend to showcase my work here. That's what Vimeo is for. I actually spent some time trying no to embed but just link to it. And my question was not about plugins, but just the opposite. So I thought there was no specific place for it.

Sorry about that!

• @PCortacans

It is ok, we are keeping very good order on this place. So every thing has it's place here.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I see. It's great to be able to find the right things in the right place. Don't look for me at Showcase. Not till I feel confident enough. I am here to solve my doubts, not to show off.

• @P13DM

Thank you for your feedback. One never knows when "some" is "too much"