Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cultura Fuerte Music Video - GH2 and F3 cut perfectly
  • Colored and camera oped this one. Worked with a local cinematographer to throw out the Canons (save for the 5d for a few shots) and swap for 3 GH2s. Cut seamlessly!

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • The first 3 minutes was phenomenal - just one beautifully composed shot after another. You've got a unique style here - well done. Editing was great as well. The only reason I didn't like it after the 3 minute mark was I didn't like the lead singers style and delivery...almost as if it was a Cypress Hill "slow-jam". But that first 3 minutes...just killer.

• I can't tell the difference but I sorta stopped looking and just enjoyed the video!

• Also, I'd love to see a version with some good grain over it! Might give it some me flavor and character and this is the type of piece that would be great for that, IMO! :)

• We cut non-hacked inserts into the F3 (native, no s-log) for a short film and it cut beautifully.

• @matt_gh2 - Appreciate it!

@vicharris - The version we premiered live has some nice dirty grain over. It died in the youtube compression.

• @artiswar If you have get the grainy version up for download via vimeo or something like that, I'd love to see it! I bet it's awesome! How much convincing did it take for the director to go with GH2s instead of Canon s? :)

• @vicharris - I'll work on that! Not much convincing. The DP got hired and didn't rent as many cameras as the director wanted on set. I got called in as back up and brought GH2 friends with me. Haha. Now he's mostly cut the Canon cord. A feature he's working on had 3 GH2s on set with an Epic, Scarlet, and F3. Not to mention some uncomfortable 5D owners. :-)

• @artiswar Nice! What part of the world are you in?

• @vicharris - Albuquerque, New Mexico! Disclaimer: Breaking Bad is a totally accurate portrayal of Albuquerque.

• Oh, so you're state side. Good to hear people breaking free from canons here. And yeah, Albuquerque, I believe ya!