Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Faculty Portraits
  • Recently I've been given the task of taking headshots of all of our faculty for use on the website.

Since our faculty can be some of the hardest people to pin down I decided to set up in my office so that anytime one of them drops by I can snap a pic and they can be on their way.

I don't have any actual studio equipment so the lighting is provided by two cheap torchiere style floor lamps and the backdrop is an old Israeli wool army blanket that I hung on the wall. The blanket is not actually that dark but with inverse square light falloff working for me it comes out fairly dark.

I'm shooting with my GH2 and a Nikon 50mm f1.8 series E lens at f1.8 1/40 shutter and 160iso.

A hair light would help in some of the shots but I don't really have room for anything in my little office that would work.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

-Josh