Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
NAMM 2013 topic
  • 57 Replies sorted by
  • TASCAM DP-008EX - was so excited to go check it out but...tascam still lives in the 90's "CD-quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)" ...ok maybe is just the usual marketing crap (pay more for the 24bit?!?) but really such a great portable idea wasted. Of course maybe they have quiet preamps

First, did you fully checked manual?

Second, even if it is so, such products are made for small groups and home recording.

• I read what is on their site on the link you posted. I just felt that since this is portable could have had good use in capturing sound for video for example(2 xlr inputs,two AA batteries,small size). And I think the technology is cheap enough to put better converters. If Zoom can do it I am sure Tascam can too ; ) Sorry for the offtopic talk, but this an artificial hold on development for the sake of profits. But competition will take care of this soon I hope.

Still thank you for pointing out to so many other great products and developments around in this thread!

• Roland V-Combo VR-09 overview