Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Brume II - GH2 Landscape Footage - Sanity 5
  • Download the original file via Vimeo for better quality.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • How much post did you do because for some reason I love the way this footage looks! It does not look like video footage at all.

• For some reason, reminds me of some Braveheart footage.

• @subco

Sanity does not crush blacks. Sanity gives you exactly what the camera is putting out - nothing more, nothing less.

• well damnit @Ralph_B it looks really good. I might have to rethink things here and save disk space :)

• @vicharris I applied curve adjustments to balance highlights and shadows, giving the shots more dynamic range, then I applied a light filter and film grain to wash out the footage and make it less video-ey.

@subco The light filter and color grading is what makes it flat. Lens info is found on Vimeo, and I shot 1080 24p for the majority of shots, 720 60p for the slow motion footage, upscaled to 1080p.

• @brettplank

What NLE are you using and what type of "light filter"? Looks very interesting!

• @subco

Sanity 5 does not have mud, either. A while back I posted test footage comparing Sanity 5 to uncompressed HDMI capture in low light. I encourage people to check it out because it says more than any words can do.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/93366#Comment_93366

• @tcarretti I edit with Sony Vegas 12 Pro and color grade in After Effects using it's built-in plugins and Magic Bullet Looks for the lighting. (Specifically in Magic Bullet Looks they are "Lightflex" and "Color Reversal.")

@Ralph_B @subco Any muddy spots or detail smearing is from bad color grading/correction on my part and also a result of soft Canon FD lenses. Sanity retains shadows detail very well in clear conditions with my sharper lens.