Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Two Fingers - Smurf (Anamorphic Music Video)
  • Here's a music video I shot recently with my friends. We've been working with Atlanta rapper Bre Fontaine for a while, and recently he was given a guest spot on Amon Tobin's new Two Fingers side project, which in turn gave us a chance to shoot a higher profile video than we have in the past.

I shot with the GH2 using my Kowa 16-D (I have the 16-H as well, but went with the lighter-weight D for this project) and Driftwood's Sedna 'A' AQ1 patch (Smooth -2 everything). The taking lens was an old Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AI. Redstan's anamorphic clamps (for orienting the lens and for mounting filters) rounded out the setup, plus a set of diopters (the +0.5 Redstan sells plus some lower quality +1 and +2's).

Graded with FilmConvert and a touch of adjustment layer curves in After Effects - mostly because I only had a couple days after editing and vfx were done to do the grade before we had to push it out. But I'm happy with the look overall. As a cinematographer it does pain me that the song is so short, because we had a lot of great looking stuff that you only see glimpses of in the video!

I'm linking the YouTube version up above because the streaming 1080p version looks better, but you can also check it out on Vimeo (vimeo.com/52431231) and download the original upload for a few more days.

Hope you guys dig it, it was fun to finally do a real project on anamorphic.