Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @blackspot @daisuke thanks! but the sounds are not recorded using the GH2 at all. All sounds are from the great users of http://www.freesound.org/

Colour corrected first to get the desired exposure then applied FilmConvert with subtle settings.

I also used an RGRAIN overlay for a more coarse grain.

@jdude It's the Apocalypse Now 'Boom!' - Intra GOP1 24p Flat 4 matrix experiment.

The final render to h.264 made the footage look a bit too saturated.

• @retrospective Very nice video. Love the grading. Witch AN DREWnet 12/15GOP or Nebula 6GOP ?

• Thanks for all your efforts Nick Your the gift that keeps on giving

• @retrospective Looks great. What kind of grain did you use for the video? It really helps out in my opinion.

• @retrospective God damn! Best film"sound" I have ever seen out of GH2 and any DSLR! How did you do it? Your own grade-chain or some film-preset?

• Apocalypse Now Boom Soft

SLR Magic 12mm and a few Canon FD 50mm

Footage was softer than I thought plus my cheap Fader ND didn't help with the softness at all.

• Thanks for these new releases @driftwood

Can you please explain what the "Low Rider" and the "Apocalypse Now 'Intravenus' v2 " offers in plain English? Thanks!

• Low Rider is a new GH2 setting based on addressing a simple mid-range low pass frequency matrix whilst using intial Q and Chris Brandin's Auto Quantise routine to drive down quantisation to new low levels and tighter DC values. Its less of a tighter grain than other matrices like seen in Intravenus but provides quantisation values in Intra never seen before - retaining solid low average Q across the pictures and a very good PSNR. 1080p24 works particularly well.

Low Rider is out on page 1.

• @GravitateMediaGroup I shot on standard -2 all...same as I do for CanisMajora. Not sure this account for such a big difference though.

• @cbrandin I am wondering whether your re-adjusted 444 soft matrix that Driftwood is using in his recent and upcoming settings has fixed that pulsing bug that I noticed in the first 444 matrix version?

• Anyone knows witch of these latest Hacks could be the more stable for shooting a wedding?

• awesome stuff, thank you Nick&Chris! :]

• @driftwood Tried intravenous 2 wow a dream. The only problem is if you shoot with a Sandisk 32 30mb/s on HBR the camera will freeze and lock up from time to time. Any clues? I know you hv asked users to use a faster card

• @defier what settings did you use? smooth -2 on all?

• I shot some indoor stuff with IntraVenus v2...not impressed. Just did not have the color pop of Canis Majora (the last one I used). Watched clips back to back on a 50" plasma. IntraVenus was not even close.

• See how IV GH2 cuts with BMCC and GH3

• @Driftwood Does this Intravenus II will be stable for shooting a wedding with a SanDisk 128GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Class 10 UHS-I?

• Intravenus II is a dream!!! Sir Driftwood has shown us once again why he's the "King" of all the settings!

• thanks Nick (Intravenus v2) !!!

• @grave that was a good one,, expectation made me say its short

• @rajamalik Too short? Lol Just be glad somebody has posted a video with it. IMO it's all I needed to see and I'm going full throttle testing. 50 seconds sold me on it.

• @Weomck nice work,,.but too short,,.

• @driftwood Very cool. Thanks

• Started working with canis series ,,. Finally a big satisfaction with complete pack of canis settings,,. Thank you so much @Driftwood I have a doubt sir I used std -2 all setting for all my previous works. Do you have any note or suggestion which includes the profile?? Shall I use STD -2-2-2-2 for all canis setting or it's an individually marked up one?? Any tips on canis AM sir?

• For all the birder-lovers our there... shot 4hrs ago w/ Intravenus v2