Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • Apparently Panasonic follows the old show biz maxim, "Always leave them wanting more". They design their cameras to sell the sequels. Seems to be working quite well.

• @Vitaliy_kiselev

JPEG/RAW samples taken at Photokina had long been available...

I was referring to the video clips taken at photokina and analyzed by Lee and Nick. Any chance to have them public?

• @gh2uw

I use the gh2 underwater and wide shots are extremely important. The king of lens is the 8mm fisheye and of course 7-14mm.

So the increased crop factor is the worst news I could imagine.

• @htinla ..or go to BMC, Panasonic is now following Canon

• People say that 1300 dollars for boby is too high. Same time Canon 6D cost in Finland 1999,90 €, And think about prize of Canon 5D mk III. Of cource it would be nice to get it with less, But it take time new hack to arrive not menttion first good settings. At that time prize will go down. Anyway in this point i will stick with my hacked GH2.

• @neveraholiday

Focus peaking would be great too. Is there a histogram? Then you can work with that instead of zebra.

Histogram instead of zebra??? Are you sure..?

• If you want you can download the completer GH3 press conference here:

http://perlichtman.com/somecamera/photokina2012/GH3_press_conference.mp4

• This video demonstrates the difference between the multi aspect ratio sensor of the GH2 and the non multi aspect ratio sensor of the new GH3. It also shows how important the additional dynamic range of the GH3 could be.

• @everyone

With everyone else, 4:2:2, 10bit!

I also wish it had a WaveForm monitor... no MirrorLess has a Waveform, could it be that hard?

• @mpgxcvd Regarding crop factor, it is not much, that's true, bu it is enough to make long awaited and pricey 12mm primes and zooms 14mm again, so to speak. I find that tendentious to compare GH2 to IR and UV modified camera that practically sees in the dark, and to conclude how much dynamic range there actually can be.

• @inqb8tr

It is just showing what true high dynamic range could look like. A lot of people claim that upping the bit rate increases dynamic range to a whole new level. I just wanted to show what a whole new level really could be.

I wish the GH3 had a multi aspect ratio sensor. However, I can live without it. I can't live without better low light and more dynamic range. Everyone does just fine with all of the other cameras that don't have MAR.

Interestingly all it took to get the GH2 to match the GF1 in 16:9 mode was to use a 26mm lens on the GH2 instead of the 25mm lens. Even more interesting is that the GF1 images showed that I was using a 54mm lens in 35mm terms while the GH2 showed 50mm in the EXIF data.

It appeared that the exif data did the correct conversion.

• I`m think such features as focus peaking and follow focus easy to realize in android and ios apps. Any SDK in future? Or only application by panasonic?

• @mpgxsvcd .. totally agree .. DR, and colour bit depth are my desires.

• @Greek_m43

Yep, but looks like marketing for new paid authors site startup and manfrotto marketing. level of discussion is quite bad.

• Btw, GH3 is made for "hybrid photographers", not for usual people.
    I really do not know is this "hybrid" guys dangerous or not? Sounds really so.

• @VK

We are dangerous. We eat batteries and and move with power oh gasoline.

• If I remember well today our guys will have an interview with a Panny rep.

I hope we will have some definitive statement from them...

• Yep, they also lauch massive marketing shit called very originally "changing photography".
    I am sure if money will be enough, they will argue laws of physics in their ads.

• @LongJohnSilver

Yep, they already went to the place.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I saw you already "gardened" this thread but it's so full of BS, speculations, rants (from myself too) mixed with real data that it should be erased asap and started a new one once we have full specs and features...

• @LongJohnSilver

LOL

We have wiki pages for this. If I missed some valuable data, just tell and I'll add it.

Forum topic can't be collection of data. Won't work.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions