Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Apefos Scoperama Anamorphic Adapter Development Topic
  • 470 Replies sorted by
  • Merry Christmas and Happy New Anamorphic Year!

I am here working on the colored backlight flares test

After this I will do street shoots and the adapter review

• I worked all Christmas day doing street shoots, day sunlight, night light. Also finished shooting colored backlight flare tests yesterday. Now edit and upload are next tasks.

• @apefos

Love it! Is that the gold coated one?

• @silvertonesx24 Thanks. Yes it is the gold coated. It is specified in the end of the video.

• Looking good. I keep going back and forth between ones I like.

• @endotoxic

Hi, I am curios about the logo, are you developing it?

The new tests with sun shows flares in white, yellow, blue and green, the same color of Brazilian flag, so I got the idea of using some horizontal lines with these colors in the logo. I will upload these shoots soon, so you can see.

• Yes ive started but diferent aproach, please send images for get better idea

• @vicharris

I understand it is not so easy to choose just one, it is the same for me. Maybe you will realize each flare color will be best suited for different situations.

The new tests with colored backlight and day/night street shoots will add more visual information about the flares color.

• @endotoxic

I will upload the new videos, so you will see the flares in day/night street shoots and also with colored backlight.

But maybe your approach is better, trust your idea and show us.

• @endotoxic these are the flares I was talking about, my idea is to put the sun in the O: apefoscOpe and 4 flares: blue, gold, green, white in a black background, the white long flare below the word and the other smaller above and/or below the word, The word in a light grey. I attatched a photo in this post showing a hand draw I did. As I said, maybe your approach is better.

CIMG9953.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
  • This video shows some imperfections in the Apefoscope optical system. It is not that bad, some people even don't care about, but it is noticeable by trained eyes. It is important to say this is not generated by the lens coating, it is generated by lens grinding process.

As you can see, the optical lab I am working with cannot do the same quality grinding in all lenses. In daylight bokeh shoots this becomes unnoticeable because many parts of image is out of focus. Also stop down the taking lens diaphragm a little bit helps to improve image quality when everything is in focus and the image looks good. But at night I need to open the diaphragm, so the imperfections shows up. Only solution for this would be a CNC (computer numeric control) lens grinding. At this moment this is out of my resources.

The optical lab cannot do the lenses in same shape every time. The lenses always have the same power and squeeze factor, but the alignment between the surfaces always have a small difference from one adapter to other. They improved the difference from the previous 2.3mm thickness difference to 0.8-1.3mm difference. But this still can cause a small decrease on sharpness when using fstops like f2.0 and f2.8. I do not have resources to do a perfect lens without differences, so people who buy the adapter must deal with this.

The optical design in Apefoscope could do f2.0 bokeh shoots no problem if the lens grinding could be perfect and everything in focus in f4 or f5.6. But with the lens grinding I can get today I consider the adapter good to do everything in focus from f8 to f16 and to do out of focus bokeh from f4 and above. Some units works good at f2.0 and f2.8, but not all units, and if I start to dispense / reject lenses just to use the very best ones, the manufacturing costs will increase so much.

I will upload a video showing shoots from f1.4 to f16 with 5 different adapters and with no adapter, bokeh shoots and all in focus shoots.

• I need image of lens front side, seeing its oval glass. If image fits better for analizing lens structure, the better sintesys i can make.

• @endotoxic

In this post there are two images showing the lens front with oval shape.

The problem is: the Apefoscope does not generate oval bokeh, The bokeh is different from the taking lens bokeh, it has some kind of anamorphic bokeh, but it is not oval. If we promote a logo with oval shape people will start to believe they can get oval bokeh with Apefoscope and it will generate false expectations. So I don't know if put oval shape in the logo would be a good idea.

CIMG9955.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 155K
    CIMG9959.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 177K
  • I didnt recall the no oval image. Sorry i thought it was a good idea. This weekend will be working on logo.

• @endotoxic no problem, two minds together works better than just one!

• See how each lens coating version reacts to different backlight colors to generate flares

• This video shows what happens to the flares when changing the diaphragm fstop and changing backlight intensity.

• Sharpness Tests:

• the project is finished and successful, just waiting the logo from @endotoxic

• @apefos

Hello Apefos, Thanks for your emails and messages, i'm happy to see you have reached your goal making these anamorphic. I'm not buying right now, but i wish pu good luck with the sales and a Happy New Year!

• @Jean71

Happy New Year

no problem if you do not want to buy. Its fine.

@everybody

I need to say I just sent one more message about the project end, and some units ready to ship. From now no more private messages. I also asked in the message for people do not reply in the message to avoid spam.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev

The project is finished and successful.

I think this topic can be closed after @endotoxic show us the logo. So the buyers can open another topic for "user discussion and opinions"

• @apefos Seriously, you have somekind of problem. I especially said for you 2-3 times that do not send spam to me, and now you did it again!

• @tonalt

He got my PM, next attempt will be last one.

• @apefos

You answered me here, where i'm saying i'm not to buy now, at 11.28, then i have another email from you at 11.42. Are you so lazy to not clean from your list the people you already made the point yet? Come on man, that's people that have one single email address for business, please have a little respect.