Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Short Video (en Francais/Quebecois)
  • For anyone interested here's a very quick (i.e. 3 hour shoot) and dirty video I did for a friend's school project using Driftwood's Canis Majoris Night. The image is not graded and I did not use any lights. It is in French but knowledge of the language is definitely not necessary to understand what's going on - sleazy car mechanics.

Pixel peep away...

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Hilarious...because it was just an exaggeration of real life! The intro music (a la Jaws) masks the actors voices, though. Hard to hear what they are saying. Out of curiosity, what was the project requirement and where did the actors come from (the two guys don't look like students to me)? Had a good laugh, anyway!

• @JanH Glad someone enjoyed it, lol.

No real requirements, my friend just needed a video intro to a presentation for a mock product they were presenting as a term project for an insurance course - they originally wanted to film the whole thing in 5 minutes on an iPhone...

The actors were all students in the program (minus the mechanic actually working beneath the minivan in the super-wide shot). The Jaws music masks the sound simply because it was really poorly recorded and very windy. I think the ahem "sound guy" was too busy staring a the blonde girl and had the mic pointing backwards.... So I kept it low and figured the JAWS music would set the tone nicely. Anyhow, lots of fun to film and edit.