Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Should I work for free? Excellent flowchart...
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • Work for free or don't work at all. You're choice.

• ohh boy chart is so true.should be subject in classes.

• this is fantastic!!! Great find. I loved reading her blog commentary, too.

• Great to see someone who's made their own flow chart. I say, do your own.

I once negotiated a freebie TV commercial with a client, who paid for film stock, development, telecine, online edit hire - and then signed a contract that they would broadcast the ad for a certain number of spots.

It all came off well.The ad looked high-budget (it would have been if I'd charged for all my time) and the client's business boomed. They later sponsored a whole series using my 30-second ad and 15-second versions.

I was given an opportunity to do something everybody would have thought too risky and unlikely to recover its costs. I got to be known as they guy who shot that ad. It's embarrassing, but I got as much work and esteem from my peers from that 27-second commercial as I would have got from a feature film!

• @Mark_the_Harp - In an era and a trade where so many people do gratis work with the hope of advancement, this is a very valid topic. Thanks for posting this

• Very good :-)