Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Germany and "green" energy
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • yea...when i was younger, i naively believed in biofuels...but then i grew up and noticed that biofuel are just as polluting as any other fuel, and that they take food-producing land away, while millions of people starve to death. Unfortunately, governments didn't grow up as fast and some now require by law that a percentage of biofuel be added to regular fuel, just to ease people's counsciences.

And of course, the typical argument of those who disagree is "oh yea, you want to knock us back into stone age?"

Unfortunately, we have tipped the world out of balance, and we are now fully depending on our energy-consuming technology to adapt our living conditions to the rapidly changing circumstances (climate, diseases, population growth..... not to mention security. Because a fanatic dumbass put some plastic in his underpants, airports are being equipped with high-tech scanners to look into people's genitals, while some countries in the world have barely any food for their people because they lack infrastructure to produce and transport it. - Ethiopia produces enough food, but because it lacks infrastructure, some regions have to let their excess rot, while other regions know starvation)

• I'm just waiting for some idealistic bioterrorist to try to wipe out the majority of the 1st and 2nd world populations

• @Dazza

Let's try to talk without such things, ok?