Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PluralEyes for sound sync
  • 44 Replies sorted by
  • Not loved much by production houses we have studios in - mind you all their moire ridden shallow DOF 90s looking footage is always out of sync ;p

• Thanks @Soundgh2 ! Turns out it's a moot issue anyway. It isn't available for Windows yet.

• This software works pretty good. I use it with Sony Vegas. Plural eyes 2 works on windows machines and you can find if you do a little searching.

• @GravitateMediaGroup I have PE2 and can't imagine syncing two or three recorders and 3 or 4 cameras without it. I got an email from Red Giant about PE3 and was interested in how it stacks up against PE2.

I'm tired of buggy upgrades and wanted see if anyone was using 3 yet.

• I do not use PE3 because it's not available for sony vegas (yet) I have seen video reviews and demo videos on youtube of it doing a pretty descent job and REALLY fast

• @peternap lol sorry not very constructive I know, but just what the guys in the backrooms think - a nice voice ident and a clap serves just as well to be honest - or the free ipad clapper if you feel fancy - output time of day timecode out of your headphone port into the camera and voila - app example

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/movieslate-clapperboard-shot/id320315888?mt=8

• ...have used it a handful of times. I have to say it felt like magic to an amatuer like me. I threw all of my audio clips that my Azden SGM-2X shotgun captured to my Marantz PMD 670 into a folder with my GH2 clips that had the guide audio from the GH2 mics. I told PE2 to 'work hard' and it matched up every single clip with my better audio. You can tell PE2 to create copies and not touch the originals or have it replace everything with the new clips the PE2 created. Anyway, PE2 has allowed a hack hobbyist like me to actually be able to quickly mate those clips together. I just couldn't stand doing it manually anymore.

Harold House

• @soundgh2 I Did it that way for a long time and flat dreaded it. I might have 75 clips that I shot during a day that had to be synced and edited by the next morning.

I used clappers, dog training snappers, clapped my hands, slammed a book shut....and the bottom line is, it takes time to do multiple clips.

I bought Dualeyes and fell in love. Then I bought Plural Eyes so I could do it on the time line. I'll never go back to the clapper.

• That's why I stay off location nowadays :) Much warmer and easier inside !

• I've done clappers too, fine for a few long takes, but PE is just so much easier for me. Great investment from my POV. Also, syncing musical instruments is impossible for me. PE all the way.

• But will these newer versions of PE handle and correct for audio sync drift without distorting the pitch?

Lockable, master time code syncing should be a MANDATORY feature for all video and audio recording products. PERIOD.

• I just did a project with a bunch of clips, and if I had synced them automatically by waveform, they would all be slightly off. Gotta bump each one to get it dead on.

• RØDE ANNOUNCES PLURALEYES BUNDLE OFFER

Friday November 2, 2012 – ‘Dual-System’ audio for filmmaking has never been easier this November and December, thanks to RØDE Microphones and Red Giant Software.

Every purchase of a RØDE VideoMic Pro or Stereo VideoMic Pro microphone from an authorised RØDE dealer worldwide during November and December 2012 qualifies for a free copy of Red Giant Software’s award-winning PluralEyes audio and video synchronizing software. Valued at US$199, the software will be supplied free to the customer via direct download upon online registration of their microphone’s free ten year extended warranty.

The RØDE VideoMic Pro and Stereo VideoMic Pro have become the DSLR microphones of choice due to their high-quality audio, ease of use and compact form factor, and are a ‘must-have’ for getting the best results both in single and dual/multi-system audio setups. This practice involves recording ‘scratch’ audio direct to camera as well as capturing close-miked or boomed audio to a separate recording device.

By synchronising audio and multi-camera video automatically, PluralEyes has revolutionised this post-production workflow for filmmakers and video editors. Prior to PluralEyes, filmmakers would have to use a slate, clap or similar sound to create a spike in the audio signal that they could use to painstakingly align multiple tracks by eye.

Accelerated to up to 20 times the speed of previous versions, PluralEyes 3 now makes it easier than ever to integrate multiple audio and video into your production.

For more information on the offer, or to claim your free copy of PluralEyes 3, please visit

http://www.rodemic.com/pluraleyes

• I don't like Plural, rather sync on the claps i do on set :)

• In one of my last jobs I recorded sound with R26 / ME66 on a boom. That was quite perfect but as on-board sound was a little low sync did not work with PluralEyes (PE3 trial) for Premiere. I was very disappointed esp as FCP X did a great job with the same files. Thank God I had a clap for sync in Premiere.

• RG is releasing this free PluralEyes 3.1 update, just two months after the product’s debut. PluralEyes 3.1 is accessible to more professional editing platforms, supports a wider variety of camera formats, and adds a new time-saving workflow feature.

What’s New in PluralEyes 3.1

1) Get Avid support. Now imports and exports its synced timeline directly to Avid Media Composer on Mac, along with Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro.
    2) Get MXF support. Supports more professional workflows, adding native MXF support for Media Composer and Premiere Pro.
    3) “Do It For Me” feature. A new set of features quickly imports and organizes your clips. You drag-and-drop the clips as ‘Takes,’ hit Sync, and PluralEyes figures out their relationship.

Via: http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/blog/2012/11/27/software-update-pluraleyes-3-1/

• I find plural eyes 2 to be much more effective than version 3 when syncing my Avid Media Composer aafs. Version 3 will give me errors and 2 will not. I don't get it.

• "Get a free copy of pluraleyes express when you purchase any of these RØDE microphones between April and December 2015."

"Revolutionising your dual-system audio workflow, PluralEyes analyses the audio from multiple cameras and other audio devices and syncs them up in seconds, eliminating the need for clapboards, time code, or manually syncing audio to video in post-production. With a comprehensive range of broadcast microphones applicable for dual-system setups, RØDE recognises PluralEyes as a vital tool in post-production for enthusiasts and professionals alike, and has joined forces with Red Giant to bring you PluralEyes Express.

PluralEyes Express allows you to synchronise as many as 10 different audio and video up to 30 minutes in length in total, and is fully compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X and Final Cut Pro 7 NLEs. Additionally, users of PluralEyes Express can upgrade to the full version of PluralEyes for only US$79 on the Red Giant website."

http://www.rode.com/pluraleyes