Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Magic Lantern on Canon 500d/ T1i
  • Anyone has tested Magic Lantern on Canon 500d/ T1i? Many friends tell me that there's not a huge difference between 500d and 550d, except for high-iso performance (>6400, but for video, who cares?); while t2i was very popular , t1i (500d) was not used by videographers because of its lack of manual controls and only 20 fps mode; however, now using Magic Lantern you can get manual controls, 24/25 fsp, focus peaking, HDR.. I' ve noticed that these "old" cameras are very cheapy (you can get used t1i bodies for only 250 €, while canon t2i costs at least 450€ ;) anyone has tested Canon 500d video quality improvements with Magic Lantern?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks Vitaliy!

• I mean latest actually available.
    At current prices and constant deals and rebates it is almost never reasonable to stick with older bodies.

• ..latest bodies: do you mean 550d/600d when 650d will be released ? ;)

• I am sure that if you wait and will carefully check, you can find good deals on latest bodies.