Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GX1 hack development topic
  • I got the dump. Initially all looks pretty good.

I hope to start to work on hack soon.

• 363 Replies sorted by
  • Excellent!

• G3 would be better..

• @Failflow

Do not worry, G3 will be next.

• @failflow

I signed up just to counter how ungrateful you sound. We are very lucky that we have people willing to spend their time improving our cameras beyond what Panasonic had intended. I used ptool on my GF1 and can't wait for it on my GX1. I am a bit late to make a donation for the GX1 fund but I will make a donation as soon as the hack is finished to thank Vitaliy for all of his hard work. The GX1 is a great camera but would definitely be made better with manual video mode. I am very interested to see what the GX1/G3 are capable of when pushed to the limit...

• This is great news! I will donate soon as well.

• GReat news!! can u preview what's the key feature for GX1? would it be on manual video? :) can't wait and let do the folks here know if need more support

• Plan is to port features present in GF2, GF3 hacks. Later we'll move to manual thing, as it'll be similar for four cameras.

• Personally I d like to see how we can take the mp4 h264 wrapper stuff further. ;-)

• Any news about Gx1 hack development ?

• @scipio

I am working on next PTool that will have support for G3 and GX1. Hope it'll be available in June.

• Super! Great! Can't wait! :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thank you very much for the fantastic news :)

• We'll have some release delay due to me being sick for some time :-) But I have only few remaining things to finish, so it'll be soon.

• Really a good news Vitaliy_Kiselev :) Sorry for your disease. I hope nothing of serious.

• Good news to end June :) & good health for VK

• Take care. Priority to health, family and friends. ptool can wait :-)

• Well said lolodigital! +1!

• Take care VK. Hope you soon ok again.

• Hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick.

PTool, work in progress.
    Various MP4 specific modes settings are being added.

ptool.jpg
    382 x 630 - 70K
  • Marvelous VK!! look forward to the release soon :)

• wonderful... hope to see the same for G3 at the same time as GX1-G3 is one project :) keep up the good work VK!

• Awesome! Hope you're doing good (healthwise)!

• Congratulations Vitaliy, it looks absolutely amazing ! Last week i bought the G3 just because of your upcoming genius hack !!!

• That a very welcoming ptools picture @Vitaliy_Kiselev :-) Congrats on your hard work.