Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GX1 hack development topic
  • 363 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks, Vitaliy. Will it be soon?

• @Angel

Wait for final PTool version.

• Dear Vitaliy, I've just found your web and I would like to congratulate you for your incredible work! I've just bought in Tokyo a Lumix GX1X, but obviously with a Japanese menu. So, what can I do and how could you help me? I'm quite new in this matter. Thanks. Angel

• PTool 3.66d alpha

Send me PM if you want to be member of testing team.
    You must be long time community member, must have GX1 near you, and understand that it is bad idea to become tester if you just want PTool sooner.

• At least good news for Sanity fans.

• I´m guessing it will have 1080p25 though, right?

All the modes that it has :-)

• Thanks for taking time from your very busy schedule to reply us mere mortals :) I´m guessing it will have 1080p25 though, right?

• Will the GX1 support 1080 24p?

Nope :-)

Most probably test team will get it on monday.

• This is great news. Will the GX1 support 1080 24p? It could be a great second camera to go along the GH2.

• Dear Vitaly, Thanks for your great contribution, I hope this new venture will be successful as GH2 one :)

Could you ellaborate about GX1 features possible with this new hack? Which maximal bitrates one could achieve (especially at 1080), which manual controls will be available?

Are there any premature video tests already available at youtube/vimeo?

Thanks in advance!

• Is an English language option part of this project? (I'm stuck with a Japanese camera ...)

Yep, it is working :-)

• Is an English language option part of this project? (I'm stuck with a Japanese camera ...)

• It's a deal, big box of "Bintang" or "Anker" beer! I agree with JOFO that you shouldn't even worry about apologizing for anything. It shows you are of good character of course, but really, we are very lucky this is happening. You have a great talent and should be proud.

• Cool stuff. Thanks Vitaliy.

• Fantastic news, G3 can't wait for the beta !

• Alpha is available to alpha team :-) As it can contain some nasty bugs.

• Don't worry Vitaliy, it's great news either... Cameras are pretty awsome with original fw too, so it's not big deal if you finish hack later... Especialy when you were sick. As was said before, health is more important. Just curious, if the alpha will be available to all or only for alpha-testers only? Will be glad to try it on my G3 ASAP, 'cause theese news are getting me more and more excited :) Once again, thank you very much for your hard work.. Box of beer is ready for you when you come to Slovakia some day ;)

• I am on finishing stages for both cameras. Alpha version will be ready pretty soon.

Sorry for delay, guys.

• If you ever come to Jakarta I will buy you a beer :-)

Thanks. I'll count on it. Big box of beer :-)

• Sorry for improper post. My key comment was to thank-you for the exciting work you are doing for GX-1 camera owners!! If you ever come to Jakarta I will buy you a beer :-)

cheers

• My question, is it possible to make HDMI to TV show the footage while recording video, instead of just playback?

Get GH2. This is hardware thing.

Next time use

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2667/ghxgxgfxgxx-questions-and-suggestions#Item_33

• Greetings Vitaliy from Jakarta, Indonesia! A few days ago I donated Option 5 thinking that a GX-1 hack was possibly a long way but when I didn't get an answer to my email expoxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com, I came back to your website and found "Official GX1 hack development topic" which is great news. My question, is it possible to make HDMI to TV show the footage while recording video, instead of just playback? I ask because in addition to you making the recording options all manual I would like to use a HDMI monitor to focus while shooting and I can not use a monitor because you can only use an external monitor for playback.

Again, great work you are doing!!

Jakartaguy (in Jakarta, Indonesia)

• I know this is nothing easy or even possible to do. But I would love a feature for makro focus stacking. Press the shutter button once, and the camera moves the focus point from near to far in X steps and takes X pictures in between.

• Hi, with your hack, is there any chance of changing the auto bracketing to a wider stop range?. Currently you can do 3 frames at a max of 1stop under and 1stop over. I would like to do a 3 frame exposure bracket at -2stops, normal, +2stops... Thanks