Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BlackMagic: Official $2,995 raw cinema camera topic
  • 1156 Replies sorted by
  • I don't know. It does kind of satisfy a building curiosity in some ways. I guess it's just another kind of gear lust building event. Somehow knowing there are those of us out there that actually have the product makes a difference I guess. Just one of those odd human quirks.

• I made new topic, as this one is too large already

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4372/blackmagic-official-2995-raw-cinema-camera-topic-series-2

Please, use it, I'll close this one soon.

Thanks in advance.

• The product concept is so Apple-like. Blackmagic should team up with Apple and sell these out of select Apple Stores (or all stores ideally). They could stock accessories, hold demos and user workshops, and provide tech support and maintenance in-store. I can see this being the camera equivalent of a Macbook Pro, everyone will want to buy one (somehow) after seeing and trying one out in person. On another note, wedding still photographers will love its ability to shoot high quality RAW images at up to 30fps continuous - I'd totally expect to see this camera take off in that market. I don't see it supplanting DSLR imagery, rather, its imagery could be promoted as a separate, new kind of service that provides more cinematic stills quality (read: dreamy, grainy w/ more blur) as opposed to the sharp photojournalistic quality that you get using a DSLR w/ flash. Of course, enterprising wedding photogs can also use the same DNG's to sell video services too, but let's hope it doesn't get to that point for the sake of wedding videographers everywhere.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions