Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Adobe Creative Suite 6, CS6 topic
  • 132 Replies sorted by
  • It's not much different from V5.

• I've just bitten the bullet, and upgraded to the full cloud from 5.5, I just missed out on the freebie upgrade .. I must say premiere is looking good (I've never been a fan), the customisable buttons are awesome.

• Every time there’s a new version of Adobe’s creative suite, designers and artists all around the world shudder with the thought of more upgrade expenses. Personally, I’ve always put a lot of thought, weighing the pros and cons of new software with the ones I’m accustomed to before investing. This year, when the new Photoshop CS6 released, this video - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-design/russell-brown-six-favorite-features-from-photoshop-cs6-in-six-minutes/?sdid=JUMMY is all it took to convince me to buy the full version, no matter how expensive, because frankly, every feature highlighted is something I had hoped for in future upgrades.

• @thougts2uk That doesn't sound right. I'm regularly rendering stuff that long in a 6th of your time or less. As VK suggests, what hardware you using?

• Is anyone else having HUGE render times with GOP1 in Premiere? It took me 6 hours to export a 4 min music video with minimal effects.

• @tinbeo I asked myself the same question...

What I could come up with was this: Let's assume that your clip has scenes ABC and you only want to stabilize part B. I insert the clip ABC in the time line and then I duplicate layers two times. I end up with:

1-ABC

2-ABC

3-ABC

I then set the IN point of and OUT point of layers 1,2 & 3 as follows:

1 - A##

2 - #B#

3 - ##C

...and then I apply Warp Stabilizer to Layer 2 alone. If the video is relatively stable in A and C it should work well, but if B doesn't end up aligned with A and C what you can do is make B bigger if you start earlier to the side of A and end later to the side of C.

I would also like to know if there is an easier solution!

• I pulled my hair to this problems. How do I just apply the ward Stabilizer between In and Out point only. Every time I drag the effect on a clip on time line, that effect apply for the whole clip and took long time to analyze it. In Avid I just need to add 2 edit points and voila. Your help would be appreciated.

• I was having the no MTS audio problem in Premiere CS6, but uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it.

However, now I'm having another annoying problem - Premiere keeps randomly reconforming the media in my project even though it's done it already. Even leaving Premiere running doesn't fix this. It's really slowing down my playback/seeking and there's just no need for it. Anyone else having this problem? On a large project with lots of clips it's pretty crippling.

I can't help but feel Premiere CS6 is super promising and clearly where I'm headed (versus Avid or FCPX) but Adobe needs to iron out some of these damn bugs.

Edit: Another update, maybe a fix - I noticed my Scratch Disk folders that I assigned weren't being updated when Premiere was conforming files. So maybe they were being written to a temp folder somewhere? I created a new folder and pointed Premiere CS6 to it, reconformed my project one more time, and since then it's running better. Possibly this has something to do with not clearing the cache after upgrading from CS5.5.

• http://www.retooled.net/?p=308

Adjustment layer works with

• nested sequence

• color correction

• masking

• tracking

• blending

• transforming

All can be done in PP CS6. Nice. Actually I was hoping to see more PP features on AE, but more AE features on PP work ok.

• PP CS6 is cool.

20120615-Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 3.44.14 AM.jpg
    720 x 431 - 346K
  • I've waited a year to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion this week. It was painless. No problem so far.

• @sohus and nomad. The "hack" works as sohus showed with AMD Radeon HD 6970M, but you have to have Lion installed. It does not work woth leopard. BR ULi

• According to Adobe only Radeon HD 6750M andHD 6770M are supported.

• @Sohus. I´m on iMac 27" with AMD Radeon HD 6970M and did exactly what you described in the video above. But I can´t choose "open GL vs. software only", it is greyed out. (PP PRO CS6, permissions repaired, all done as admin). Any ideas. BR Uli

• I have some Rammstein problem. In 5.5.1 - present sound In 6.0.1 - no sound

and very small sequence presets list in afterload screen. (no 1080p as sample)

• Premiere Pro CS6 works with my hacked GH2 files just fine. I just copy the .MTS files from the STREAM/ directory onto a HDD and import them into PP.

• @sohus will this hack work on laptops as well?

• I have sound, no problem from GH2 in Premiere CS6. maybe restart program holding down shift to reset prefs

• Are you running the demo or the full install of CS6? Maybe it doesn't have the right codecs (there's an additional install that happens after you activate).

• In cs5.5 no problem with sound.Same footage.

premiere pro 5.5.PNG
    950 x 279 - 40K
  • NO sound with GH2 files in Premiere Pro CS6 .How to import footage with sound in cs6.

Capture.PNG
    714 x 325 - 32K
  • Anybody found the perfect value for RS repair in PPro for our beloved GH2?

• ati 5770 in a octocore (hack)mac pro 2,1. works awesome