Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Interesting stuff: New stabilizer

• Material: Aluminum + composite plastic
    • Max height: 40cm (with tripod)
    • Max load bearing: 3kg

Not recommended.

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • @kazuo

I know that you mean, but it has nothing common with thing discussed in this topic (except three legs attached).

• Has been around for almost 2 years, this contraption. Works like a Merlin but needs less balancing from user. When it was first introduced in Taiwan, i saw it, tried it, but was dissuaded to buy it by what was at that time a high price

• @Flaaandeeers

Suggest to check other options, as they are available now, like ones in todays deals.

• ANyone dared to try this?

• Really nice find, a weight system that is a stand at the bottom so you can set it down.. nice idea.. and it comes with a hardcase for under $200.. Sad that I bought a nano months ago now.. if anyone gets this , please review it... I like my nano but this might be worth the upgrade if it fly's well.

• @tonalt

It is not Skyler copy, as they are completely different (except bottom part).
    And SKyler is produced by small team in Taiwan as I remember.

• Looks like a Chinese copy of the Chinese Skyler MiniCam, lol: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skyler-MiniCam-Mk-II-DSLR-Video-Stabilizer-/290689736828

Looks absolutely terrible, but price just 1/3 of the skyler.

• Having a stabilizer with a tripod is really useful for putting it down / setting up the initial balance. I guess the idea is that if you have to have a counterweight you might as well make it useful as a stand as well. Clever! But will it blend?

• No one really knows how it performs :-)

• on top of other questions: how it will perform? and what's the purpose of that mini tripod? we do really need to use a stabilizer like a fixed tripod?!

• I was thinking the same… A closer look makes it seem that there are two plates that you can adjust separately by turning the black knobs.

• Quite interesting. I wonder how you would go about balancing it.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions