Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Want to help test the GH2 in L.A. this Sunday April 15th, 2012?
  • 41 Replies sorted by
  • @thepalalias lets just hope the weather isn't too bad, it supposed to rain Saturday. Hopefully it will clear up.

• Kinda hard doing that from Germany ;-) I just keep my fingers crossed and hope someone with an GF2 will join in. Either way, I am looking forward to your results.

• @Jodan Don't give up. :) Just find me a GF2 user in L.A. that is free Sunday and they can participate in the test.

• I guess most of those people who signed on are too professional to use a "cheap" entry level GF2? But please go ahead and suggest it anyways, maybe there is a chance for it to work out. I am sure "normal" users (those who are not earning their living off of filming) would appreciate it a lot. At least I would. And who knows, maybe the results would be surprising - at least that is what in the EOSHD blog was stated if I remember right.

• If you can get me two more people with cameras, we will test those two patches. :)

Nobody that has signed on so far has mentioned using a GF2.

• I'd test eoshd too.

• I'd test flowmotion too

• As an event like this is going to happen and in case enough people with their equipment are participating, it was really awesome if you also - along with the unhacked GH2 - would test an hacked as well as an unhacked GF2 (if available). I guess that would help quite lots of people who use it as a cheap backup cam or others who just are on a tight budget (as unfortunately not everyone can afford the GH2 with kit lense for three times the price of an GF2 with kit lense).

• Somebody pointed out that the day of the week indicated did not match the date, so I fixed that. It is still this coming Sunday, it is just that this Sunday is the 15th not the 14th.

• @GripLimited Even if you`ll be busy that day, any equipment you could spare for the day would be helpful. We are short memory cards at the moment.

• It`s off Lincoln in Altadena.

• That's awesome. I'm from MPK, but won't be available this day. Looking forward to the results.

Is the production/rental house further north of alta dena?

• Assuming that we have the current expected number of GH2s, these are the settomgs currently at the front of the line.

-Sedna -Mysteron -Cake -GOLGOP -Sanity -Stock 1.1

• That is the plan. At least some of the tests will be done with unhacked stock settings and Firmware version 1.1.

• If you have a bunch of GH2's, I'd love it if at lease one was UNhacked.

• Also, one of the cinematographer is considering the possibility of bringing a RED Scarlet to test alongside the GH2. We'll be shooting areas with a wide dynamic range, so this would give the RED Scarlet a chance to flex it's muscle a bit more as well as continuing the trend of testing how well it could intercut with the GH2.

Those of you with experience using the Epic or Scarlet alongside a GH2 are invited to send any advice you might have in the even this comes to pass. Thanks again!