Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Maintaining best quality while transferring HD to SD
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • No, luckily the film contest isn't until next month. I was just reviewing the submission guidelines way in advance. It says they only accept 30p...fortunately I haven't shot anything yet, that would've been a disaster. Although I've always shot in 24fps, as I'm reading up on 30fps, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Sounds like I might get some cleaner video out of it.

• If this is for docchallenge, then you should have it easy since they specifically say they prefer a USB drive or data DVD with a self-contained quicktime SD or HD file. DVCProHD, ProRes, H264, MJPEG.

http://www.docchallenge.org/For-Filmmakers/filmmaking-rules.html

• Its actually for the 48 Hour Film Project here in Boston..May18th thru May 20th. It should be fun. This DVD Flick and ING Burn is great..it formatted it to fit my DVD player without any issues..At least I know I can get it to play, now I can go through and tweak the quality a bit. It didn't record the audio, so now I just need to follow your advice about the AC3 file.