Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony A9 II Cine 8K camera...your thoughts?
  • Wanted to know what you think about the rumored A9 8K camera coming in Q1.

Specs

• Bigger and truly pro body
    • 9.44M dots EVF
    • Newly developed sensor
    • 8K video recording with no overheating
    • Dual card slots
    • New menu systems from A7S3
    • IBIS with Steady shot active mode
    • Everything about this camera is new
    • Price 5.999$.
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • No overheating?

"You can record 8K/30p video or 4K/60p video continuously for up to 30 minutes." https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-a1/sony-a1A.HTM

The only video shooting Sony has confidence will nor overheat is from a body with a fan (fx3, fx6, fx9).

• New firmware

• Adds the Crop function to allow you to crop a recorded still image
    • Adds the Forced File NoReset option in the File/Folder Settings (still image) menu to allow you to reset the still image file number and create a new folder
    • Other improvements
      • It is improved the phenomenon that some functions are not registered correctly in the Function menu
      • Improves the overall stability of the camera

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-9-series/ilce-9m2/downloads

• In my opinion it is just a way to increase burst speed and duration for photographers that need it for a minute or so. When the president drives by or a marathon runner finishes. The A9 should have raw video too to get very high quality stills

• RKM what are you talking about?

• the 8k raw in the Canon R5 is of course for photographers. When you have to capture a hard to predict decisive moment you want a huge amount of photos to choose from. It is for extracting high shutterspeed stills. Not for video.

• if you need 8k, you can afford 8k. sensor would have to have good dynamic range though. i'm looking at you bm 12k with lousy DR, lol.

• Bigger body is not better
    New sensor, OK
    Dual card slot, not really a radical idea
    New menu system can't be worse than the old menus system
    No overheating is not really a feature, I mean, would you buy a car that overheats in a half hour?
    Price is about double what I would pay.
    Assuming it can record 10 bit internally H265, it might be interesting at a lower price.
    Four channel 24 bit audio would make it "pro."

• Fuck the a9 8k.

That’s what I think .