Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BD-R one time readable
  • I'm having a strange and weird problem. I create a BD-R (video) disc with encore. The blu ray is readable by any home blu ray player (as far as I tested) and (fortunately) every time I want to. BUT when I try to read it with my computer, in the same fixed internal drive I use for burning it, I'm able to do it only once. Every other time I insert the disc, I can't read it. After a while it tries to load it the disc seems to be empty. The same using another external usb bd burner/reader even on another computer. Both computers are Windows 7. BUT - external usb bd burner/reader - connected to my mac book pro - disc is readable again. I can't understand if the laser is going bad on my bd drive, if the disc gets modified somehow when I read it or what esle. Need help, suggestions are welcome

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Can be just old or bad disk wrote on high speed. Blu ray players can have better laser or tracking.

To be short - copy all from it and try different brand of disks and also use slower speed.

• Probably. But I'm trying to find an answer to this question: why is the disc readable in my pc fixed drive only once, while the second time windows 7 can't read it anymore, and only a mac (with same external drive) or a home player can? My hypothesis are that somehow my fixed drive modifies the disc when reading it (silly!), and that mac and windows make my external drive work in a different way... I've already went trough these problems several times with different bd-disks. And in most cases encore makes me write at a minimum speed o 4x (2x is not available).

• Try clearing cache memory. It may store Blu-ray cache files somewhere. Or restart computer before inserting Blu-ray the second time.

http://medicine.arizona.edu/helpdesk-article/clear-memory-cache-windows-7

Check for conflicts with other drives. https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-7-wont-recognize-blu-ray-drive.1750472/

• @davjd There may be another cause. In my expirience the Win7' own cd/dvd reader/writer could be a cause. NERO v7 for me has been better. Some tasks could not be handled by internal win7 program. Some functions Microsoft ads to their systems are barebones types. Bjarne