Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DIY Gyro Stabiliser idea
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • @Rambo - "Yes they are extremely noisy..."

Something like this?

• Every time I see that thing it gives me the creeps!!?? Why is that??!?! Like a spider or something...
  • lol creepy yes...but amazing (and man, that's noisy!)
  • I would like to clear the air of some misconceptions.

The Kenyon gyro has 2 wheels in separate gimbals spinning in opposite directions, but on the same plane. Each gyro is hand assembled and therefor is individual in sound generation. We have improved many aspects of our gyros and noise is one area we have addressed. Our newest models are much quieter than previous models. Any follow-up questions can be answered with a call to me, Randy. We have a toll free number for the US - 800-253-4681 or for outside the US - +11 860-345-2097.

We offer rentals! Rental page - http://www.ken-lab.com/html/rentals.html.

• Here is a short comparison video done by a client that shows with a gyro and without one. The video is shot with a single KS-8 and a 5D.

• Here's one i shot hand held with GH1 and 14-140 kit lens, knowing where to locate yourself and the camera within the heli makes a huge difference.

• Nice shots, Rambo. How have you done them handheld?

• Was mounted on a short monopod with a weight on the bottom and held at the balance point. The aerial shots were all GH1, the few shots on the ground (heli warming up) were Pana Hmc 150

• Thanks for the trick.