Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Feedback, please! First 'narrative' music video I've shot.
  • Hey everyone, I just shot this music video. It's my first serious music vid (the rest have been edited concert footage), and I'd really appreciate constructive feedback from those of you with real experience. The band really rock and I wanted to make something that had a bit of a strange homage to The Shining, a slight off-kilter feel you can't necessarily put your finger on. Those of you with experience will no doubt see what I was trying to do and have comments on how I could do it better. I welcome those. Anyways, please try to be nice, but I'll take anything honest.

Here's the vid:

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I like it and love the way it tries to be bizarre/kinky. Sometimes maybe a bit too much with the fast/funny camera moves. For example, my favorite bit is from 01:11 to 01:15 when she plays looking at him. Constructive criticism: the part with the man sitting at the PC etc, it didn't really caught me, since the beginning. I see there has been effort with styling and scenography, but it wasn't enough to make it interesting (for me): it is always a man sitting at a computer, which I think is one of the most boring thing you can see online (for me). I think the presence of "ordinary looking" devices (computer etc) kinda ruins it. Maybe making some colored-cardboard fake substitutes would have make the whole thing look less ordinary. Just my 2 cents! And good job guys!

• I like it. If you did all shots on tripod, it may have been more Shining-like look. But this video is quite good the way it is. Maybe for paper typed homage do "All debit and no credit makes Jill a poor girl".