Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Tutorial - Create a Cinematic Professional Golden Film Look
  • Hey guys!

Since it's Friday I decided to make a color grading tutorial for you guys on how to create the cinematic golden look as you can find in the beautiful film A Very Long Engagement.

I'm doing this all inside of Adobe Premiere Pro since that's the most common software you guys asks me to do a tutorial on.

Hope you'll like it!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Tack för en trevlig fredagstutorial :-)

Curves is my number one tool for grading too. Maybe you should have mentioned complementary colors? Great to see you're not being too numerical about it and using scopes and such. Instead just relying on your eyes.

• @oscillian Tack så mycket! :)

Yeah well, the better calibration on your monitor the more you can trust your eyes. If my monitor wouldn't have been recently calibrated I would have used some scopes to make sure the luma/chroma looked correctly.

Thanks again!

• @davidhjlindberg Thanks! Good tip to learn.

• @davidhjlindberg Thank you...very usefull. Could you make a tutorial how to make this movie look? (Painless 2012)

painless 2012.jpg
    1023 x 682 - 382K