Personal View site logo
Gaza is getting hammered...
  • Gotta be a better way folks. Not sure if the mainstream media is giving this accurate coverage.

Put the fucking guns down.

Photos here:

http://chroniquespalestine.blogspot.ch/

• 29 Replies sorted by
  • There are so many differing views that it is hard to get the true story in the US. I follow along the lines of Hamas = assholes . Israel = assholes

• It is very complicated.

• It's always complicated when God is part of the calculus.

• Good men will always do good things... Evil men will always do evil things... Religion makes good men do evil things...

• Well it is very complicated, but as I understood that it usually goes like this.

• Rockets fired from Gaza to Israel (mainstream media usually ignores this)
    • Israel responds with heavier fire (media doesn't ignore)
    • Gaza fires more rockets (this time media may not ignore it)
    • Israel responds even more heavily and maybe even sends ground troops (WW3 speculations)

I don't really care what are historical reasons. What matters is that who starts the violence now. Because of this I get very sick because of these "F**k Israel!" -people.

• @tonalt

All such comments is really road to hell with heavy flame.

• I've always thought the Palestinians were better off using sling shots instead of rockets. Less damaging, but that the point, Israel is forced to a measured response. And the optics are sucky for the Israelis.

• @tonalt

I don't really care what are historical reasons.

You mean the 45 year (and ongoing) military occupation?

If you cared more about history, you'd probably also notice that the Israeli bombing raids and invasions invariably precede national Israeli elections.

• @brianluce I've always thought both sides would be better off. I don't know what a rocket costs but no more people than get killed, they could save a bunch of money just chucking rocks.

Aside from that observation....I don't have a dog in that fight. There are far bigger concerns in this world.

• I think both sides are screwy. Israel bombing women and children, Palestinians lynching people and dragging them through the streets because they think they are Israeli sympathizers.. I don't think there is a diplomatic way to fix this. Treaties and cease-fires and such have been tried so many times before and it always leads to more fighting. Lets hope for a peaceful resolution but I think it'll only pause the hate for a short time.

• As someone said before, both sides (Hamas and Israel through the IDF) have gone way under the line in what Human values stands for. Notable crimes against Humanity are being perpetrated by the hour. If you think you can argue these facts, just read the: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

It's no wonder that the usual suspects (USA, Israel, Iran, Turkey, Pakistan and Iraq) failed to sign the latest protocols. It says a lot about their culture of basic Humanity. :(

As we have seen this conflict is nowhere near extintion, but WE outside the Gaza Strip, can very easily do something about this which is within our reach, and that is to totally stop giving money to those parties who support those parties involved: http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-brands.html

As soon as I find a link to the major corporations behind Hamas I'll post it too.

• WE outside the Gaza Strip, can very easily do something about this which is within our reach, and that is to totally stop giving money to those parties who support those parties involved

It make me laugh.

Such thing arise from natural conflict. Such as conflict and struggle for energy, resources and space. Until Gaza guys will get good weapons and rockets and wipe out Israel it'll continue indefinitely.

• No it will stop when Gaza is emptied of anyone who isn't Jewish. Gazans don't have time to get good weapons.

In Rwanda, it took around 9 months to kill 1 million people - a higher kill rate (25k per week) than during the holocaust. The IDF are killing around 2000 every 4 weeks, much slower rate. Right now, 25% of the population are homeless - if they flee (though to where GOK), that will reduce the kill rate needed for the Israelis to reach their goal of a Jewish state.

Viewing the footage of Israeli citizens expressing their opinions about dead Palestinian children, there seems no doubt that killing them indiscriminately is an electoral strategy that attracts widespread support in Israel.

• there seems no doubt that killing them indiscriminately is an electoral strategy that attracts widespread support in Israel.

Killing members of competitive pride is also widely supported thing in nature. Remember - humans are 99.8% monkeys.

• @duartix Is there any way I could boycott these Gaza folks?

• The problems in the middle east are unsolvable until major power brokers really want to stop the madness. On one hand you have the Israelis who certainly have a right to being left alone (and don't start the debate about their legitimacy - it's done - period - they're not going away so just fucking accept it). Then you have the Palestinians who have a right to a homeland and should have had one back when Israel was formed. Then you have all of the neighboring Arab countries that quietly/behind the scenes know Israel is not going anywhere but use them as a convenient excuse to say "they're the ones who are causing all of your problems". Yea, right. In reality the Arab country's leaders don't give a flying fuck about Israel while they're busy fucking over their own people. If, and it's a BIG IF the regional leaders wanted to they could reign in both sides in this conflict and impose and legitimate and fair settlement. There will be sacrifices on BOTH sides, but for crying out loud just fucking do it. If any so called "leaders" over there really gave a shit about the civilians, prosperity, and peace this would have happened years ago. Instead, the war mongers, weapons dealers, and religious fundamentalists are having a field day while the majority of people suffer.

• and don't start the debate about their legitimacy - it's done - period - they're not going away so just fucking accept it

Whole point of nations around Israel is to shut down aggressor who come to their land took it and as you like to say "don't give a fuck".

Again, stop behave like child. Conflict is the natural state, as resources and land were always in short supply. So, idea pushed to EU and US populations that it must be always peace, no risks and no conflicts is stupid.

Who will win in long run? Not Israel for sure.

• Why the focus on Gaza? Has anyone bothered to check how many Syrians have been killed just last week? And how about since their conflict started?

The recent Syria/ ISIS crisis dwarfs Gaza.

Israel-Gaza is an easier story to sell.

• Has anyone bothered to check how many Syrians have been killed just last week? And how about since their conflict started?

No one cares. Media can make tragedy from any plane crash or bombing, but will never tell that happens to huge number of people on daily basis.

• It's gone on way longer than Israelis vs Palestinians on the same patch of land. (!) ...

http://blog.ninapaley.com/2012/10/01/this-land-is-mine/

• Ok I know this sounds bad, however it seems like those people in the middle east only understand one thing. Extreme Violence... Look before stupid ass George Bush invaded Iraq on the premise of "Weapons Of Mass Destruction" Iraq was doing fine under the Iron Fist of Saddam Hussein.

Why is this this you ask? Well Saddam Hussein didn't play any games if you screwed with him, well he would kill you, your family etc etc. This is the only thing that these guys in the middle east understand EXTREME VIOLENCE. So this is how these people need to be governed, any other way "Democracy" and it won't work.

You can say yeah but Saddam was a tyrant, murderer, etc etc. However, are we better of with him or without him???? HMMMM good question.

In regards to Israel, I don't blame them at all for attacking the Gaza strip. Now I admit that I am ignorant and don't keep up with all the bullshit and or history in that region, however what country or nation would stand by idly whilst they are being attacked with rockets on a daily basis? Russia? China? U.S.? France? Germany? Let me take a wild guess nobody right.... Exactly.

• We had terrorist attacks in the UK with the N Ireland problem but we didn't go in and slaughter hundreds and hundreds of women and children to 'defend ourselves'. Maybe if Israel got out of the settlements there'd be a reduction in the rocket attacks, maybe if the two state solution, or the single state solution people are starting to talk about, were implemented they'd stop altogether. Bombing women and children in hospitals isn't a way to stop rocket attacks, obviously far from reducing the membership of Hamas the Israelis have been doing brilliant recruitment work for them.

• The world's most advanced weapons. Constant error (!) Children, schools, hospitals, water tanks, tubular stations, cemeteries ... Hundreds of children, women .. This is a deliberate policy of war. Yesterday criticize Hitler. Today, his derivative and twin!

A brief history of Israel:

• One thing I like to remember is that if Hamas had access to the weapons Israel has, and Israel had primitive weapons like Hamas, Israel would not exist right now. This part isn't that hard to understand. The way it is now, when Hamas does finally get them, the war will turn much more bloody than it already is. For both sides.

• One thing I like to remember is that if Hamas had access to the weapons Israel has, and Israel had primitive weapons like Hamas, Israel would not exist right now.

I said same thing above. As it is the only outcome in long term, really.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions