Personal View site logo
Apefos Scoperama Anamorphic Adapter Development Topic
  • 470 Replies sorted by
  • Another idea for comedy:

Starts with Lonney Tunes logo, than:

A brazilian and a chinese guys jockeying a race cheating each other like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck...

With Americans and Europeans in the grandstand placing it's bets...

The porky pig can be a russian guy who take the bets.

And in the end: That's All Folks!

• @apefos

How about just make good adapters?

• Ok, I just shut up! (edit post: almost forgot, my car is the blue one.)

• Yesterday morning I was feeling sad because the project was frozen due to no wherewithal, but after sending the PMs people started to donate and I felt some kind of a catharsis inside me so I became so happy talking about movie and comedy ideas...

now after a night sleep my feet are on the ground again. So let's keep the work in that serious way. (don't worry, I did not spent any cent celebrating, I was home watching tv and in front of my old notebook)

I will wait the weekend and one more working day (Monday), for people who did not read yet the PMs I sent about the donation, and in Tuesday I will do a report about each donation I got.

• If there is someone who follows this topic but was not advised yet about the donation, please consider helping the project donating a small amount at: http://www.apefos.com

The amount will be used to try the coating options and complete the project. A video showing the differences in flares will be uploaded to vimeo.

If the donations exceed the amount needed to try coatings I will use it to start building units.

• @apefos

Great man, keep the heat on! Keep the eyes open! Keep the price low! LOL

• @apefos

Good to have you back on Track. Looks like You've got a lot of people interested on vimeo.

• Any small donation will help a lot, I think (correct me if I'm wrong @apefos, but you don't need much). Skip your latte today, throw the cash his way, and he just might have enough.

• @anti12 Stats (plays, likes, comments) just raised up!

But don't worry, priority on buying is for donors from PV.

• @B3Guy Any small donation is welcome, bus tickets are 1,30 usd and I use a lot.

I will wait donations until Tuesday when I will report the total amount.

• Hopefully that will put you near or over buddy :)

• Just got it! thanks!

• At this moment there is no task to do for the project, and I am needing to disconnect the mind a little bit, maybe watch tv or just see the rain falling.

• 20 bucks on the way! Good luck!

• Personal-View Rocks! Who needs k... kkkkkk...?

Donation Report for the Apefoscope Project:

Total amount in the moment of this post: 419,01 usd (after removing paypal fees)

The Money Will be used to test lens coating options and the extra amount to build a few bodies so I do not need to keep changing lenses in just one body to test the coatings. Will upload a video to vimeo showing coating comparison.

As we agreed before the donations are non-refundable and non-discountable when buying the product. Donors will have priority in buying if they want to.

No need more donations to finish the project but If I get more donations I will report it here and use the money to build units for sell: http://www.apefos.com

I reaffirm my responsibility and commitment to the project and I thank immensely the trust placed in me.

I will keep you posted!

PS: I loved the 33,33 usd anamorphic donation!

donations_apefoscope_11_10_2012.jpg
    1280 x 1355 - 170K
  • 33,33 $ The cause and the future of anamorphic our films

https://vimeo.com/user4426537

• 33 $ from me

• Monday early morning, pieces of plastic, glass, tools everywhere... rearranging the office to work better

After ready, I will begin to make things happen.

• it seems it is time to work, keep talking here is disturbing me. I need to find a balance between work and talk.

• After watching the video on the donation page I noticed a few things.

There's some pretty heavy barrel distortion on the Nikon35mm shots, which could be from the taking lens, but it seems to be there on all those shots, and unless the desk in the tests shots has a curved front edge, then it's there on the panny kit lens too, which says it's a problem with the adapter and not the lenses.

There's some serious ghost flaring. The flares should occur on the source not away from it. It looks like it's either causing the taking lens to flare or the focusing lens at the back of the adapter to flare. It's a lot like the flare you get from a UV filter.

Fix all of that, and you might be onto something. I definitely appreciate the effort. I'm excited to see you solve it.

• Thanks, I like when people points the problems, just try to not overstate issues, point them the amount they are.

I will do my best to get the best balance to keep the flares and avoid other unwanted reflections, this is the main goal now in the coating tests.

I did a test with GH2 and kit lens and nikon 35mm lens and no barrel in the table. it is generated by the scope. But I think the Apefoscope deals with barrel distortion pretty good, I don't think it is that heavy as you say. you can see in the video it just happen in closeup shoots and it is not so much pronounced. in infinite buildings shoot you cannot see it which is good. Also in portrait shoots this slightly barrel will not be noticeable because there will be no lines to look at. you can see in the video peoples faces are in good shape. We need to deal with this small issue. Barrel distortion is a common issue in scopes.This happens even with expensive anamorphic cine lenses, do a research and you will see, there are more expensive lenses with more barrel than Apefoscope.

• I just need to say: I NEED TO WORK! From now, if it takes some time to answer you all, just be patience, I will reply everything.

• work in progress:

what I did today:

meeting in coating lab to talk about coating options and to know how many lenses will be necessary.

meeting in glass supplier to buy glass, some was available in stock, some was ordered and will arrive within this week.

next tasks:

within this week: get all glass from supplier and take them to the optical lab to grind new lenses

probably in the beginning of next week: when lenses get ready from optical lab take them to coating service.

its time for a little patience... things take some days to get done.

• When I said "i need to work" was because stay in front of computer answering posts was disturbing my work. I cannot stay all the time anymore in front the computer. So my reply in topic can take more time to be done. hope you understand.