Personal View site logo
Next jump in the future?
  • 44 Replies sorted by
  • In fact, my proposal is not streaming.

But individual partial encryption and usage of torrents and good catalogs. So, you could download whole film, watch half, and if you like it press one button on remote and pay for the rest (player or compyter will get decryption key and playback resumes after one second delay).

• No they don't want you to keep the contents. Gotta renew the membership if you wanna watch the same movie.

Anyways... most people don't wanna go through hassle. Most people I know in person use Netflix for both streaming and disks.

• Anyways... most people don't wanna go through hassle. Most people I know in person use Netflix for both streaming and disks

May be this is real case why US is going to hell? :-)

As people just sit like mokeys and are unable to think. Our mind is designed to work if resources or energy are scarce.

• LoL. Obviously they queued up what they wanna watch from available list.

• Obviously they queued up what they wanna watch from available list.

Yep, and banners and TV showed them that they want to watch today :-)

• More Americans value the copyrighted works. That's why we have Microsoft and Apple from the States. If they had originated from China, they wouldn't have survived a few years.

• More Americans value the copyrighted works. That's why we have Microsoft and Apple from the States. If they had originated from China, they wouldn't have survived a few years.

LOL.

For example I think that copyright in it's current form is one of the core foundations of current crisis, and must be totally eliminated and replaced by proper approaches.

As for Microsoft and Apple, hope that they won't survive next few years, and will be replaced by companies originating in Peoples Republic of China.

• I doubt it. By the time you hear a success story from China, there'll be a dozen Chinese companies copying. Like ticks sucking blood from a host.

• @stonebat

History repeats itself many many times, but people do not want to learn :-)

This is that I think about your remark.

• I have no doubt China will do well in the near term. But they have a shaky ground. I have Chinese American friends. None trust Chinese ruling party. Mainland Chineses got high savings rate because they don't trust gov. I'd better be Joe the Plumber in the States than a sweatshop worker in China. No I don't hate China.

Anyways slow 4k adaptation.

• I have no doubt China will do well in the near term. But they have a shaky ground.

If they have shaky ground others have volcano direcly under them :-)

I have Chinese American friends. None trust Chinese ruling party.

People like to say that is expected from them :-). It allows to keep socialization.

Mainland Chineses got high savings rate because they don't trust gov.

This is clearly new discovery.

• I cleared few posts as offtipic here :-)

• @stonebat

i believe movies and even video games on SD cards or something even smaller will be how such high resolution content will be sold. production will be increased rapidly because they won't have to rely on "write" speeds during the burn process of mass producing, but more of how powerful the computer can transfer data to say an SD card. But the only way this can become possible if it can be made affordable.

As far as online streaming of 4k content, I really can't see that happening anytime soon. Does anybody know how many theaters in the US actually use 4k projectors? I can't even see it being more than 100 and I would guess 90% of those are IMAX

• production will be increased rapidly because they won't have to rely on "write" speeds during the burn process of mass producing, but more of how powerful the computer can transfer data to say an SD card.

None of Blu-rays or DVDs you see in shops are using any write process. They are all pressed by very cheap and fast process :-)

• Ortus Technology Co Ltd developed a 9.6-inch 3,840 x 2,160-pixel LCD panel with a resolution as high as 458ppi. The company claims that it is the world's smallest LCD panel capable of displaying 4k2k video.

Via: http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20121025/247705/

• @GravitateMediaGroup Yeap the streaming speed is severely limited by the current infrastructure in the States.

• @Vitaliy Content source & streaming is the issue. No copyright violation. I like "Keep It Simple Stupid" approach.

• @vitaliy_kiselev

well in that case, it will be hard to top that process

• Sorry, I didn't see that the monitor was already posted here. Still, that's incredible although sort of not to surprising knowing that more and more people are starting to shoot in 4K. I'm not sure if the price was ever posted but I'm sure it'll be pretty high for now.