Personal View site logo
Panasonic firmware tricks
  • If you are making bread in Panasonic bread maker and want to make second one in a row it won't let you, until it'll cool down below 40. Btw it can also cause big problem if you accidently hit stop during program execution.

Most interesting is error indication - U50, but on LCD screen it looks exactly like USD :-)

Developers frequently have good humour :-)

• 23 Replies sorted by
  • You can probably re-program it using the remote ;-)

• @goanna

Nope.

Btw, automatic bread makers are one of the dumbest things I ever saw.

• It probably needs to cool down or the yeast will probably get killed off before it has a chance to rise.

My wife didn't like kneading dough so i bought her a professional series all metal KitchenAid mixer. More versatile than a bread machine.

• @jpbturbo

This happens usually after all yeast went to other world, so, no it is not life saving algorithm :-)

Btw, I still do not understand how green guys are eating bread, as by doing so they cover carefully planned mass murder :-)

• @subco

Either bread maker was bad or you did something bad.

If all components are good and you understand that you are doing all you need is put components and get ready bread out.

• You reminded me about this:

• I just snorted pepsi out of my nose. That cat thing was hilarious.

• Ha, ha, ha.... but cats are otherwise amazing creatures. Nobody is perfect, any of you guys who isn't vegetarian is killing much more animals than any cat does. Do never forget that :-)

• automatic bread makers are one of the dumbest things I ever saw

It will be 40 degrees Celsius today. If I decide to put the bread maker outside so as to avoid heating up the house, you'd think it would have a thermostat which would reduce the heating element to compensate, wouldn't you? Nope. Heating element goes ON for the full 40 minutes anyway, producing me a brownish brick as its own idea of bread.

• +1 for making bread by hands and oven.

^^^ Sourdough, no yeast. Made with freshly ground wheat.

• I own and use a Panasonic bread maker (SD-2501), and I could actually use a "firmware patch" for it, as it offers only a single program for rye bread, which assumes a "raise"-time way too short for the 2-stage sourdough I like to use. Why oh why cannot they just allow the user to choose the time periods for "rest/knead/raise/bake" on one's own? It would be so easy...

I'd agree that you can achieve great results just using an oven, but the effort required for preparation and cleaning is greatly reduced when using a bread maker.

• @karl

Thing is that Panasonic bread makers are one of the dumbest. One of the advantages is that manufacturing quality is good, and they are quiet.

Chinese are selling full programmable ones locally under different brands, so you can change each stage.
    I am sure that you could find some also. Some Kenwood bread makers are also programmable.

As for me, I think that such thing must have one button (Start/Stop) and Wi-Fi + application for your smartphone/tablet or computer with huge selection of various things and fully adjustable manual modes.

@goanna

I don't think that both posts are appropriate here. If your hands originate from wrong place, than any option is not for you.

• Panasonic keeps most of their better products (especially homeware) for sale in Japan only unfortunately. I would bring more stuff back each time we go over, if it wasn't for the voltage difference.

Korean brands would be a good option if you wanted higher build quality with programmability, I am in awe of my Cuckoo rice cooker

• Cuckoo rice cooker is da best!!!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Bread making machines have become the butt of jokes for reasons we all understand.

I use mine extensively because I live in the country. While my machine can save me a whole trip to town, I'm no longer sure it saves me money.

Competition from bread machines has no doubt forced big bakeries to discount their products accordingly; I get two quality (600 gram, low-GI wholemeal) Helga's loaves from the frozen section of Woolworths for $6.

I would like a smart machine but have a Black & Decker and the bastard is gonna pay itself off first.