Personal View site logo
ThrusMT Follow Focus
  • 89 Replies sorted by
  • I don't have any photos, the trick is to find a lock washer with a hole wide enough to fit around the two bolts between the mounting plates. You only need two lock washers on one end of the two bolts.
  • @LPowell: Could you please post pictures of what you did with the lock-washers on yours? I'm doing something similar but would love to see some for reference!
  • The snap gears are really good no need to fiddle with taking gears on and off
  • From the looks of it, switching a JAG35 D|Gear between lenses would no doubt be tedious. I assumed they were intended to be permanently installed on each lens?
  • >They are overpriced and very unhandy (you lens definitely won't like this bolts).

True story. I've only got three lenses, but switching between them is a hassle when using my Jag35 D|Focus and gear. The bolts become a nuisance, having to constantly switch them. I'm a bit nervous they'll wear out!
  • The zip-tie universal gears I've seen fit snug against the lens focus ring. The problem with that is the gear ratio that determines the rotation range of the FF wheel will then vary with the diameter of each lens. The TrusMT and JAG35 lens gears are designed to produce a consistent gear ratio regardless of the lens size. Anyone know if there are any better solutions available?
  • >I got the set of four lens rings that TrusMT sells, but they each adjust to only a limited range of lens diameters, The two largest sizes are far bigger than any of my lenses and I'll probably not find a use for them.

In this case I do not understand previous question.

>If I need more lens rings, I'll probably try JAG35's D|Gears, each of which can be custom fitted to a wide range of lens sizes: http://www.dfocussystem.com/gears.php

They are overpriced and very unhandy (you lens definitely won't like this bolts).
    You can always buy set of select necessary gears from ebay for much cheaper.
    Or buy adjustable universal gears.
  • I got the set of four lens rings that TrusMT sells, but they each adjust to only a limited range of lens diameters, The two largest sizes are far bigger than any of my lenses and I'll probably not find a use for them. If I need more lens rings, I'll probably try JAG35's D|Gears, each of which can be custom fitted to a wide range of lens sizes:

http://www.dfocussystem.com/gears.php
  • Nice that they are putting the new gearbox design on the T2 as well
  • >I see, but I'm wondering if TrusMT is the only source of compatible lens gears?

??
    No, you can use any 0.8 lens gears.
    Plenty of them exist.
  • I see, but I'm wondering if TrusMT is the only source of compatible lens gears?
  • @LPowell
    Nope, not NF4.
    T2, but with new gearbox (same as on NF4).
    Also you can get either with gears or without. See in more detail, please.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

The bundle deal offers the new Follow Focus NF4 without any lens gears. Do you know if any other vendors' gears can be used with the TrusMT FF?
  • >Can the gear be flipped on either side of the box?

Yes, plus it comes with to gears actually :-)
    You can install both at the same time.
  • Can the gear be flipped on either side of the box?
  • New FF released by TrusMT

Trusmt Follow focus NF4

What's new:

* New gear box, backlash less than 1mm

* They finally made proper oriented clamp, so it is easy to snap on rails and easy to remove.
  • @misterhu

Right now - no.
    In the future, may be.
  • Chinese companies seems to be keen on larger numbers, but I don't know for sure. Vitaliy seems to already be in contact with them for the matte box, will have to see how it goes. I think the new model is in response to the onslaught of $ 160 follow focus. Just before that they were the best price performance ratio. Now they have to differentiate them-self a bit more to expected price arround twice that of the lower end models.
  • Is a group buy/Special Deal possible like on the Cinematics Mattebox?
  • Yes this series.
  • Like the letus one which has some form of jaw (don't know how to say that in English) for the arm.