Personal View site logo
replacing GH2 PCB main board
  • i have a dead GH2. authorized repair shop report it's the main board. $350 for the main board and $120 labour plus tax, over $500 canadian, not really worth it. just wondering if anyone has done this on their own. main board is $250 from Panasonic canadian parts supplier.

following these steps for DIY IR filter, the main board removal looks doable: http://www.lifepixel.com/tutorials/infrared-diy-tutorials/panasonic-lumix-gh2-ir

thanks in advance for any info!

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • No, I haven't replaced it on the GH2 but have done similar things to other cameras while hacking them to use as Game Cameras. You should be able to do it, just go slow. The part I hate the most is the ribbon cable connectors, Good luck!

• thanks peternap, i appreciate the positive reply!

• @blackroom

Dude, I live in Singapore, and I too had a dead GH2 two months back. I sent it to Panasonic Singapore, and got my mainboard replaced for SGD$290. They were kind enough to grant me a discount (quoted $350) since my warranty had expired merely a few days prior to the date of repair; at least Panasonic was humane about things.

i suggest you seek out Panasonic Canada to assess the extent of your camera's damage, and get them to help you. With all due respect, third party vendors will always try to make a quick buck here and there

• @kazuo, thanks for the info. i did contact Panasonic Canada and they referred me to the shop i took it to because the warranty was over. it felt like i got the brush off. soon i'll be attempting to fix it myself, will post results.

• So, Did you change the PCB ? I need to change it as well on my camera, quoted repairs will cost 550 AUD !

main concern is software, does the PCB comes with the software ?

• Content deleted since... Figured it out. Tried to delete attachment; says I can't so anybody who can, feel free.

Untitled-4.jpg
    800 x 1075 - 140K