Personal View site logo
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • Important update: We have very good, limited time deals. See below. Deals can be stopped at any time !

Send me personal message (on the left column at http://www.personal-view.com/talks/profile/1/Vitaliy_Kiselev )
    if you want to purchase it.

So, here are the deals (for forum members):

Most now deals moved to http://www.personal-view.com/deals , check it first

http://www.personal-view.com/deals/filters/other-filters-holders

TrusMT follow focus

Known for very low backlash, amazing build quality.

Price:
    NF2, 15mm rods version - $219

NF3 ,19mm rods version - $270

Shipping: Includes shipping for US/Canada/UK/Australia&NZ/Western Europe.

NewMap follow focus

New addition to our deals.
    Original constructions that allows to rise follow focus keeping all construction rigid.

Price: $235

Lanparte follow focus

It is slick, very low backlash follow focus with hard stops.

Price: $379

Tilta follow focus with hard stops

Considered best original Chinese produced follow focus.

Price: $420
    Shipping: Includes shipping for US/Canada/UK/Australia&NZ/Western Europe. Contact for any other regions.
    Limits: 2 items only.
    Packing: Usual.

Tilta follow focus kit

Very useful package. Good camera base and amazing FF, all in sturdy box.

Price: $625
    Shipping: Includes shipping for US/Canada/UK/Australia&NZ/Western Europe. Contact for any other regions.
    Limits: 2 items only.
    Packing: Good sturdy box.

TrusMT matteboxes

Check additional details and price.

Cinematics Matte Box

* Swivel function.
    * Very good quality.
    * Alu, except filter holders.
    * Comes with four flags (no other similar priced mattebox comes with bottom flag).

Check additional details and price.

Remember to support us if you find such deals helpful :-)

• 233 Replies sorted by
  • Thoughts about LPT.

Filter stage is exactly similar.
    Holding frame is also very similar.
    Matte box itself in Cinematics is way better as it is from metal, flags have added velvet (+bottom flag added).

I'll try to post detailed comparison of different matteboxes from UX designer viewpoint.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    1. I'll remove a couple of pics from 2nd MB
    2.Shouldn't the title contain "group buy" so we can look at actual numbers of people interested without diverting other threads?
    3. Personally, I don't really want words "choosing ideal mattebox" cause we're gonna get a load of input for matteboxes from cheap plastic 60$ one to shoot35 1000$. I am not interested in those, I'm interested in matteboxes ranging from 350$ to 500$ and the only quality ones I can find are these and trusMT which is slightly worse but cheaper but didn't post cause sth is wrong with their ebay profile.
    Since both are good, I am more concerned in who will offer the best deal to group than which is the slightly more ideal. If Cinematics is slightly better and more ideal than LPT, but LPT becomes 100$ cheaper, I'd choose the less expensive, and vice versa.
    4. I'm in no hurry, so yes, I'd rather wait to find best deal.
  • @stefanos
    If you want to choose only from TrusMT, Cinematics and LPT, look only at TrusMT D100MB2 and Cinematics.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    damn you're fast:) I was about to remove some pictures but you beat me to it I think:)

thanks for input on LPT, the info you provide is very useful. btw, I put LPT here too because I want to find best deal, and who knows, they might offer more attractive price than others. now it's same price but if, if it becomes 100$ cheaper than cinematics, I'd buy it to save doe, even if slightly worse. + it's good when bargaining to make sellers compete with each other.

• >If you want to choose only from TrusMT, Cinematics and LPT
    Do you know of other quality solutions in 350-500$ range? I'm open to suggestions
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    I've seen that video, I was about to pull the triger when they had bid now for 308$ +60 shipping, but I'm in no hurry so I can dwell longer on best deal. Also, their July discount is now over
    on their ebay page, whenever I click on items for sale it says : "The seller UserID you entered was not found."
    that's what I meant when I said sth is wrong
  • hmm, that page works fine, it's clicking "items for sale" that I get issue. anyway, nothing to worry about probably
    @VK other sidenote: how important do you think is carbon fiber flags as a feature and do u think it's worth extra 50$?
    @VK topic title more suitable now?
  • Which one is better? TRUSMT? Probably, plus carbon only that it is light.
  • the TRUSMT can rotate the stages individually, but the others can't.... is that correct?
  • looks almost identical, the one that in the video with the light carbon curtain is not bad, I would take it.
    If you are going to buy,TRUSMT, I'm with you.
  • Besides the Arri MMB-1, which is too expensive, I really like the cinebox from shoot35 ( http://teddydanhfilms.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/my-matte-box-has-arrived/ ). It's well built, has two rotating stages, and is very compact, which is perfect for a dslr. It's a little expensive, especially because of the weak dollar. Nevertheless, I decided to write Wayne (owner of Shoot35) to see how far he would lower the price if a group buy would happen... Let me know what you think about the cinebox, and if you think it would be worth looking into it....
  • Yes, it's a good Mattebox, but it's made of plastic, not aluminum, or it's no important?
  • Plastic or aluminum can be both good choices. High quality "plastic" is very impact resistant and doesn't deform like aluminum. Chrosziel matteboxes which are really respected in the industry but pretty expensive are made out of "plastic"....
  • In any case it will be interesting to see, they reduce the price or not.) it seems that more quality мattebox.
    Yes, I just wanted to write about Chrosziel. )
  • Count me in if any of these is below $350 including shipping.
    Only request, it must have a swing away function :)
  • Unfortunately there's no discount for the cinebox... At the moment it's roughly $720 including shipping to the US.... I guess this puts it out of question....
  • >if the group cost could get it down into the 200$ range, you can count me in. These things are made in china on machines. They can't cost more than 25$ in materials(if that much).

Sometimes I do not know that to say. This is the exact case :-)

@Rerbreg

Same thing. Do not live in fairy tales.

>Yes, it's a good Mattebox, but it's made of plastic, not aluminum, or it's no important?

90-95% mattebox hoods are made from molded plastic.
    Cinematics is exception, yes. But plastic do not make other MB bad.

@cordvision

>the TRUSMT can rotate the stages individually, but the others can't.... is that correct?

Others also can, check links in first post please.
    Cinematics have one rotating stage with 180 degrees range.

• Cinematics should be a bit more subtle with their logo. It's plastered everywhere on their product.
  • @PixCanFly
    Don't see anything wrong with it :-) Looks cool.
  • Glad I didn't spend big bucks on crappy mattebox last year. Cinematics mattebox is looking great. Lack of swing away feature isn't a showstopper.

GH2VK & GOP3 patch looking great and giving me enough confidence to start my own biz. But my gears are tailored to a soccer dad. Hopefully the matte box gives the extra muscle!!!
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    thank you a lot. I PM'd you. So this is for forum members, no need for group buy.
    do we know what kind of shipping is it and if they can lower value for customs? better ask this at seller though, sorry:)
    about monitor hood: where did u find it? any link with pics and specs? is it worth it for the cheap 10" monitor?

Has the seller imposed some kind of time limited offer?

btw. sending a few dollars your way for saving us bucks wouldn't be out of order now would it:)?
  • >Lack of swing away feature isn't a showstopper.

It has swing away :-) Read in my notes in separate topic (link is present on top).
  • >do we know what kind of shipping is it and if they can lower value for customs?

Most probably shipping will be good (as only courier shipping requires phone).
    But ask seller in comment. Same for customs (you know that this is breaking the law, yes?)

>where did u find it? any link with pics and specs? is it worth it for the cheap 10" monitor?

I pasted what I found in public.
    It can be folded (made fron thin plastic that can be bend on special lines).
    So it came flat :-) This is why seller could ship this as addition to mattebox :-)
    It can be used, but requires holes for HDMI and power buttons made by stepler or any other way. :-)
    Otherwise it is of very good quality, very deep.
    I have 10" one.

>btw. sending a few dollars your way for saving us bucks wouldn't be out of order now would it:)?

Nope. This is how we live and pay for hosting.
    God is somehow bad with money, can't make it (c)
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    how can you make bold letters when typing?