Personal View site logo
US: Default Comedy Part 2
  • 59 Replies sorted by
  • It is also important to understand that current deal had been made for purpose.
    Either we'll see actual default if something will went wrong soon or during second stage discussions or we'll see cuts in many important sectors and they'll be higher than declared, as current numbers are very low to get any result.
  • It seems that many confuse greed with capitalism.

Capitalism works in theory, but human greed always trumps ideology.

I'm a right-winger by nature. Does that make me want to screw someone over for cash? I live within my means, have NO debt, and I am saving for retirement at a good pace. I don't even believe in credit and debt yet I am a capitalist. Does that make me want to go out and start a company so I can fire people at will? How about the modern version of pillaging? No, and there are probably a whole lot more of us like this in the USA than you'd think by reading online articles and such. Just as the US media distorts things, you can bet your ass that other countries do the same thing with their media. I've been around and I've seen it first hand. It's just how things are. People want to hear that they are the best and others are shit. The news media wants to sell shit so they just go and tell people they are the best while complaining about the worst in everybody else.. The greedy news media distorting facts to sell the news.. Go figure.

I watch folks binge and rack up huge debts through greedily wanting things they otherwise couldn't pay for. I watch greedy companies who raise credit card debt limits and then weeks later increase the interest rates after people consolidate their debts onto that card or into that account. I watch folks who cash out their retirement investments to buy stuff, or invest all their money into the stock market because they think they can make a lot of money quickly and then lose it all when rogues manipulate the market to serve themselves. I watch when people of the world complain about what should/could/would have been done to prevent all this, but they are all clearly blaming the wrong things.

I understand all the USA bashing going on around the world where people who feel like underdogs are going to complain about everything the USA does but Ideology isn't a thing that can be blamed. You can't blame a concept. People can be blamed. People SHOULD be blamed. People have distorted every single social ideology in history. Kingdoms, Marxism, Leninism, Communism, Capitalism, Republics, Democracies, Castes, etc, etc. The truth is that everyone is to blame because greed is natural and it's instinctual.

http://www.ted.com/talks/laurie_santos.html

I'm not going to be one to say that anyone's opinions are wrong. Everybody has their viewpoint and should be heard equally. Yes, the US economy is fucked. Yes, the basis of the whole collapse is greed. Yes, the citizens of the US are to blame for letting this happen through ignorance and greed. Yes, this will happen again and again and again because our inept government is too worried about getting re-elected and cashing in and not about actually fixing anything, which would considerably cut their incomes. Some of us are actually trying to fix this stuff. The problem is just like everywhere else in the world, the nostalgia and resulting lament for what the government was and *should* have been is greater than what the government actually is and nobody wants to admit that it's broken but can be fixed, albeit at great expense in both time and money, not to mention that pretty much everybody in the government would lose their jobs.

Our government has long since ceased serving the people and now the people serve it. Now go look at your governments and you'll see the exact same thing.
  • Default has been ongoing since we defaulted in 71 under the Bretton Woods agreement. Not converting dollars into Gold. But once again, history repeats itself as were on par with many great empires who've debased their currencies to the point where in just a few short years, the $1 menus at fast food joints will be the $3 and $4 menus. Hurting all those in america who haven't done there job as citizens because a flawed and dumbed down society who just wants more "entitlements" or "rights" as people have convinced themselves there one in the same.

Corporatism rules in America. Yes the banks we bailed out are getting rich again, and the little guy gets fired and gets hammered with inflation. Roughly 9% since 2000, if you use the 1980's measurements.

But on the other half of the globe its looking great. We fall due to poor work ethic, credit, and lack of savings. But India, China, Brazil are rising cause of hard work, savings and capitalism.
  • @svart

right on man, just buy silver...hate to say it, but thats the ticket.
  • @EOSHD
    > Solution is to split system up into smaller simple ones. When one fails it doesn't bring the others down with it or start a chain of chaos that effects the whole world.

Sounds easy to say. What is your solution?
  • All take away and divide :-)

«—Да не согласен я.
    — С кем? Энгельсом или Каутским?
    — С обоими, — ответил Шариков.
    — Это замечательно, клянусь Богом. Всех, кто скажет, что другая... А что бы вы со своей стороны могли предложить?
    — Да что тут предлагать?.. А то пишут, пишут... конгресс, немцы какие-то... Голова пухнет. Взять всё, да и поделить...
    — Так я и думал, — воскликнул Филипп Филиппович, шлепнув ладонью по скатерти, — именно так и полагал».

• Mr. Putin said : It is simply delay before real solutions. USA is just parasite.
    Use Google translate :-)

Премьер-министр РФ Владимир Путин считает, что США злоупотребляют своим "монопольным долларовым положением", а нынешний компромисс конгресса по госдолгу лишь оттягивает неизбежные системные решения.

"Слава богу, это (девальвация доллара) не произошло, у них хватило здравого смысла и ответственности", - сказал премьер, напомнив, что Демократической и Республиканской партиям США удалось договориться относительно последующих действий в экономике. "Но вообще-то ничего хорошего в этом нет, это просто отсрочка принятия более системных решений", - сказал В.Путин, выступая на форуме "Селигер-2011"

При этом он заметил, что колоссальный объем задолженности американского бюджета говорит о том, что "страна живет в долг". "Это значит, страна живет не по средствам", - отметил председатель правительства РФ, добавив, что таким образом государство "в известной степени паразитирует на мировой экономике и своем монопольно долларовом положении".
  • "one bailout at a time."

one day the debt will kill the States. one day dollar will lose its stand. that's correct... but the question is when. it might take a freaking long time. "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."
  • Quite a touching human moment in amongst the deal-making http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14367754

A reminder that right wing extremists can shoot a politician in the head, and try to ruin the economy, but they will both bounce back eventually.
  • EOSHD: Jared Lee Loughner is not a "right wing extremist", the man is stark-raving insane. Have you seen the videos he put up on youtube? This man is incapable of having a political agenda, he's simply insane, a seriously sick individual.
  • @EOSHD: There's a difference between a nutcase and a right-wing extremist. That guy wasn't right-wing; he was a mentally-ill man with a gun. Likewise, the Obama-created chart at the top of the page deliberately skews the spending towards his predecessor, so as to hide the fact that President Obama has spent more. The current economy has more to do with poor-decision making (e.g. forcing Fannie Mae and banks to give housing loans to people who couldn't afford them) than political ideology. Ideology is just an easy way to hide years of bad decisions by both parties, inside deals, and sweetheart programs for big companies and unions. The solution isn't breaking things into smaller pieces; the solution is holding people accountable for their actions, not their ideology, easier now through the Internet. Never before in history has so much information been so easily available to so many people.
  • Surely, none of this economic decline is real. I--and millions of others--were promised that if taxes for the rich were cut, and they got richer, manna would would trickle down on us. I'm still waiting, as are hundreds of millions of others. Taxes were cut and things got worse. So, is there a Plan B? Or is the result of this 30 year, neo-conservative experiment in supply side economics and tax cuts for the rich to simply be more people living in cars outside of the homes they once owned?
  • @sdbest

It is real, 98% are still in denial. Thats the sad part. But the sooner you realize it is, then you can start preparing yourself and family.
  • @vitaliy
    >>>
    It is not problem. It is solution as larger companies are more effective.>>>>

effective at what?

How about Red One. Small company big splash.
  • @brianluce

How about more effective at getting out products! Where the $%%$@**! is the Scarlet!
    :-(
    And what about the roadmap - you know the one with the 25k sensor... (or was it more?)
  • "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing people that he didn't exist."

• "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing people that he didn't exist."
    You have a Scarlet?! Awesome!
  • What? You guys don't have your Scarlets yet? I got mine, it has a 40k sensor, does 600fps and only cost $99. It's a gamechanger. Jim Jannard is God.
  • Crazy world- to think that the us Debt Crisis has lowered the price of the Scarlet to that... unbelievable!
    Now- if only it was 45k and 700 fps- then I would buy 2!
  • @alcomposer
    @brianluce

Make something in offtopic to discuss Red, please. If you want to continue, of course :-)
  • Since 1962, debt ceiling has been increased 72 times -- most recently by GW Bush. Interesting how the right wing never had a problem with it until we got ourselves a Black President.
  • Let's be clear it's no coincidence that stark raving mad gun touting mentally ill people hold right ring ideologies.

In the US especially right wing politics is heavily ideological and religious. Seeing all this from the outside (UK) is scary quite frankly and I think most right wing politicians and the tea party in particular should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and the cuts to America, it will weaken America and not make any difference to future default issues. It feels like the old John Ford film Wagon Master, that we've been taken at gun point by an insane outlaw in monument valley.

Right wing party is also savagely cutting at services in the UK as well, so they can give more government responsibilities to private companies. More power to their rich friends, less power to the people. What David Cameron means by 'Big Society' and a small government is really 'big private sector'.

Maybe if Bush had not started 2 massive wars and involved us with it, we wouldn't have needed to balance the books so dramatically. And maybe if the bankers had been more responsible and less like gambling speculators, we'd not have had a huge recession. Yet the right wingers continue to blame all the problems on excess spending on social programs, health services, bus shelters for the elderly! A drop in the ocean compared to bank bailouts and defence.

All credit to Obama for narrowly averting a worldwide crisis created purely for the selfish reasons of a few people in the Republican party. It's not just the US that suffers from these political games it's the world.

• As for diminishing returns there are more recent data here along with the 2005 chart posted.
    http://alanmccrindle.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/new-treasury-data-suggests-that-the-usa-collapse-has-started/

As you may see the point of no return was 2009. Since then creating new debt only devours economy. In layman terms it means that US economy considered as an aggregate business of smaller enterprises it consists of is insolvent. There will be still profitable enterprises but the number of bankruptcies will grow inevitably. US will undergo very hard times in the next few years. Along with the whole world. There is no nation that will benefit on a large scale from collapse of the dollar, they're all in the same sinking boat.
  • @zigizigi

Thanks for link.

Considering US problems most common argument is "all had been ok for long, so it'll continue to be ok".
    It is fucking bad argument, because debt is exponentially growing. And economic is not growing t all.
    Especially real sector is in trouble.