Personal View site logo
A short film I helped DP
  • So here's a short film I did DP/lighting/camera on. I had assisted the director with a music video some time ago and we hit it off pretty well so he asked me to help him shoot this short. Unfortunately I was asked to use a 5Dmk2 rather than the GH2 but I was able to use some really high end Canon F1.2 lenses so that was pretty cool. We used Kino divas and practical lights for all of the lighting and also a nice crane/dolly setup. I'd say it turned out pretty well for 10-12 hours of work. From what I remember seeing, there wasn't too much grading done to the final version. Most everything was done in camera, including the stuff you see on the computer screen. Overall it was a fun shoot and everyone was pretty cool to meet and work with.

PS: It helps if you are a David Lynch fan..

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • 42 views and not a single reply.. This must be really good or really bad.. :)

• @svart Funny stuff. You got a lot of the Lynch style elements down, even the sound. Well done. Must have been fun to shoot. Thanks for posting.

• Not sure why no one could be assed to make a comment but I think it was a great effort.

Derivative? Yes, but a great effort nonetheless.

BTW, kudos to the set designer - impressive. Where was it shot?

• Thanks guys! It definitely was a fun shoot. It was a long day, mostly non-stop but everyone got along well. The place we were shooting was a downtown skyscraper, in an advertisement agency. They had their own food booths and the a lot of the work-surfaces are actually tables in open areas so we didn't actually have to do much set design. We just moved stuff around a bit to get the clutter out of the shots, the rest was just how the location was. They also had all kinds of fun stuff to do like ping-pong and game consoles but I didn't get to do much of that since I was usually either shooting or setting up lighting/camera for the next shot or trying to cram in lunch between takes, you know, the usual for a DP. :)