Personal View site logo
PTool: any plans for supporting the new Panasonic TZ30/ZS20 compact camera?
  • Hi,

I own a Panasonic ZS20 compact camera and I am looking for a way to use it in Europe (switching it to PAL for recording proper video for EU). I believe that PTool allows to do that for the older TZ10.

Are there any plans for supporting the TZ30/ZS20 as well?

Best regards.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Right now, no such plans.

• Thank you for your reply. Are you aware of any similar 3rd party software for this type of hack on these Panasonic cameras?

• No such thing exist.

• I'm going to try to hack the TZ30 firmware by myself if nobody do.

Things only I understand are: TZ5 and GH1 firmwares are nearly raw but 2 bytes check sums are inserted after every 32 bytes data. TZ7 and TZ10 firmwares are UPD format and encrypted with XOR. TZ30_V11.bin is UPD format but seems unencrypted.

Could anybody tell me how to decrypt and patch firmwares with a binary editor?

• sgy, I'll try to keep up with your work, hoping for a hack that will allow to switch from NTSC to PAL and vice versa. Thank you very much for coming upfront and deciding to do this hacking. I hop you will succeed!

• sgy, were you able to make any progress? I am still trying to find a way to set my ZS20 to record video with 25fps instead of 30fps