Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @flaschus

I did the quick test about C1.3 and F4 version. These have not been tested only in 24p and HBR30p (NTSC) yet. IMO, it is not bad about 24p. However, it seems to be difficult to use at a high definition scene and wide shot. About HBR, it seems to be difficult to use as it is.

Since these are only my first impression, if improved, they may become usable. It is not also a meaning which denies the F4 matrix itself in the present stage, of course. It is very interesting idea. :-)

Incidentally, this 24p and HBR have passed also to the rough torture test. I am leaving the Fallback table to the stock.

Valkyrie_TZ2-C1.3 vs F4 24p.jpg
    1297 x 1262 - 999K
    Valkyrie_TZ2-C1.3 vs F4 HBR30p.jpg
    1297 x 1267 - 1018K
  • @shirap: very nice footage. Beautiful voice she has!

• @bkmcwd

nice test!

in your screenshots, the image seems to be brighter on both when f4 matrix is used... or is it my imagination?

• @flaschus

It is only rough test for seeing tendency. Since conditions are not necessarily united strictly, it cannot be judged only by this result. :-)

I also think that it results in probably it being different from this outdoors.

• @flaschus Looks promising!

• @bkmcwd @peternap

side note, i have been shooting in ETC mode and digital zoom on top of ETC, and have gotten some super telephoto shots,

no crashes,

normally ETC kills me immediately, what is your concensus on shooting with ETC and digital zoom on?

@peternap

sorry i do not have a f4 matrix for 720p mode... that is a great idea.

• @flaschus

"normally ETC kills me immediately, what is your concensus on shooting with ETC and digital zoom on?"

Would you explain in more detail?

In my rough torture test, it was likely to be stable. However, I felt a possibility that bandwidth ran short in HBR. I think that it is satisfactory even if it probably uses FLAT4 matrix as it is in 24p. My concern is whether Valkyrie which combined FLAT4 matrix has all-round character.

Although this is my personal opinion to the last, even if there are suitable and unsuitable, it is very important whether it is a setting which can be used in any scenes.

I think that it is a meaning of it adopting 3GOP. If it is the purpose used only on restrictive conditions, people should choose and use the wonderful Intra variation of Nick.

I would like to make all-round settings. :-)

• Flat 4 s can be an all round setting for those useing a set of vintage lenses.i used c 1.3 and like it allot, but with my fds it s a bit too soft.keep up the good work and thanks for this fine setting. First setting makes me wanna own more panny glas.

• @hank:thats weird, actually i really like valkyrie on my old FDs. If you use old primes, watch out that you dont use them at their fastest aperture. Always one stop down, then they dont look so soft. There is a nice tutorial about it on vimeo...

• @flaschus I am now working on combining Valkyrie with FLAT4 matrix in all modes. However, it is very difficult to stable HBR. In order to use this matrix in HBR as it is, I think that there are many elements which otherwise fall victim. :-(

• Mirrorkisser goin to try.few grabs of last shoot useing panny kit 14-42 and c1.3 HBR smooth all -2 varind no gradeing.like the flat neutral look i get with panny glass and c.1.3

Ohne Titel_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    2_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    3_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    5_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @hank Thanks for using C1.3! :-) Screen grabs look nice. However, only one I was worried in the 3rd. Is this caused by the player?

@Mirrorkisser Many thanks for description. :-)

hank's sample.png
    1332 x 748 - 526K
  • @bkmcwd I had already done a lot of testing on C1.3 but wanted to see how it stacked up against Intravenus' v1.

At first light this morning, overcast and a little foggy, I shot both side by side.

It is possible that ver1 could have more room in post than c1.3 but out of camera, c1.1 flat kicked it's ass in color and sharpness, I tried in both 24p and 720p. c1.3 did better in both modes.

I have no idea about shadow detail since I didn't have any shadows and will test some more later, but I'm still really impressed with c1.3. I'll post screen grabs and screen parser.

• @bkmcwd hmm see what u mean no it s not the player but might be isobug.not sure

• I did a light post in ver1 and c1.3 and the difference shifted a little. They really are different settings for different purposes but C1.3 is so good I have to compare others with it to decide how and where to use them.

c13 2 24prender.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    ver1 2 249render.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    c13-stream.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 837K
    stream-ver1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 835K
  • @bkmcwd

hello! hope you are great;;

i have done major testing in the past couple of days... going cross eyed... lol

with the flat 4 matrix, when using intra for 24p modes,,i like it, but , i feel like there could be MORE..

i still believe that with a monster sized I-frame and nice 3gop structure that the flat 4 could be the money all-round... (the money = very good)

also, @driftwood released matrixes for his flat4 @720 in his 'BOOMv2' release... which fill in the gaps of scaling for P and B frames....

in the BOOMv2 release however, the 720p60 crashes violently, as this patch was desiged for PAL =o(....

so,

I insert the 720 i p and b frame scaling into c1.3 and ---viola!

the 9gop structure of candidate 1.3's 720p60 mode seems stable and is delivering the money shots...

as far as I can tell these settings are stable,

SO... that being stated, my question for @bkmcwd is;

did I put the matrixes in the right place??? or is there a different spot to place them with the c1.3 settings??

for example, when I look at your c1.3 settings: the I P and B frame scaling is identical, both for 1080p and 720p

but,

when I look at the flat 4 matrixes: I P and B scaling, the I scaling is different than the P and B... hmmm,,

which is correct for the 9 gop structure of c1.3's settings? the same scaling for all I, P and B frames

or different, like in the BOOMv2?

also, for the 3gop in 24p mode?

thank u..

• @peternap

Many thanks mate! :-)

BTW, Although I think that the name of the setting in StreamParser is reverse, how is it about Screen grabs?

• @flaschus

I have not verified yet about the new settings of Nick. However, I was able to stabilize Valkyrie which combined FLAT4 matrix. Since a new GOP table was adopted as this, it is very stable.

Although it is still before the last test about PAL, do you try NTSC before a release? :-)

"which is correct for the 9 gop structure of c1.3's settings? the same scaling for all I, P and B frames or different, like in the BOOMv2?"

First, priority is given to reproducing the concept of Chris as it is as much as possible in my TYPE-ZERO 1&2 first in principle. Therefore, the scaling matrix and the Deblocking table are I=P=B. In the stock, these are different as you also know. 444 matrices were not able to be adopted in HBR or 720p as it was so that Chris might say. How I also break down I=P=B at first was adopted. However, in at least 3GOP structure, since it turned out that the difference of the appearance of the I frame and the B frame sticks out too far, and it becomes the pulsation for every frame, I decided to follow I=P=B.

Therefore, this is "which not to be correct" but "a difference in a concept."

If my explanation gets across to you, although I am glad ...

• @bkmcwd

"Although it is still before the last test about PAL, do you try NTSC before a release? :-)"

Yes! when can I try it out?

the I=P=B scaling seems like a great concept...

thank you for explaining in detail!

Also, thank you for all your hard work!

• @flaschus I sent PM. :-)

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie Flat4 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix in all modes - Setd.ini - Released 08/10/2012

This is the very experimental setting inspired from @flaschus. Since it is a very difficult matrix being stabilized, the completely new GOP tables are adopted in all the modes.

Honestly, in this setting, I have not done evaluation for looking. I myself am not sure whether this setting is significant.

However, IMO, this is the very stable setting as well as previous my settings.

Please try this. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @flaschus! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 50M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie Flat4 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix in all modes.zip
  • When I made Valkyrie FLAT4, I was able to know the better GOP table especially in 720p. I may release later TYPE-ZERO2_C1.4 which adopted this GOP table. :-)

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Setc.ini - Released 08/10/2012

This is the version which improved only 720p of C1.3. I think that the new GOP table here is probably more stable. However, I am not sure strictly, either.

Please try this. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @syoushow, @Tobsen, @peternap, @jul, @towi and @flaschus! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

*Except 720p, it is altogether the same as C1.3.

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 50M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1.4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

"GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 2" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 2"

I release the each 2nd candidates for "GOLGOP3-13-A" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" settings.

This is the version which improved only 720p of C1s. I think that the new GOP table here is probably more stable. However, I am not sure strictly, either.

Please try them! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

Special thanks to @towi! :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 110M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*These two settings are completely the same except 24p.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p in GOLGOP3-13-MAX, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 2.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 2.zip
  • Hello and thanks from "Berlin"... ;-)
    I love your work and did a quick test with "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 2".

summary:
    30p HBR had artefacts and 720@60p is far inferior to 1080@60i.
    The 60i looks VERY good.
    (I need 60fps, either in i or p. so this interests me most)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters