Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • They said pretty cleanly that there is no 120fps coming, or 4:2:2, anyone else think that they're holding it out for a prosumer level camcorder?

Also, if the sensor readout is 240fps, is there any chance a hack can get us 120? Sorry if ignorant question.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Yes, EVF still limited to 120hz but this has more to do with sensor readout. Latest OLED EVF have much faster refresh rates so no tearing of image when panning, but still only 120hz due to sensor.

• Anyone else disappointed the Gh3 isn't 4:2:2? Hopefully they'll be a gh3 tools coming.

• Is Philip Bloom under NDA until the GH3 shipping? Or just until the end of Photokina?

At this point would be nice reading his feedback...

• Just donated some bucks to the Photokina Team... so they can grab a beer.

@TraumManufaktur I'm a bit worried about the aliasing I can see in your short video-sample.

Sometimes I suspect it's a problem of the electronic Distortion Correction of the Panasonic Lenses.

I see similar effects only with my 14mm Pani Lens.

200% Crop of the ceiling near the end of the clip (It's better visible in motion):

200crop.png
    1028 x 462 - 414K
  • Ok, looked at some om-d video. Looks quite good, did not seems to see moire but more pronounce aliasing. I think from the first gh3 videos and some OMD ones they could be close.

• @LongJohnSilver

I did not work in any of this companies, so can only assume. It can be any of this ways. But with sensor customisation won't be too big, like additional circuits for processing, may be some ADC redesign.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Maybe a silly question... How does it presumably works when a company like Pana, Oly, Nikon buy a sensor from another manufacturer? I mean, do Sony have a catalog of products ready to use or they ask to customize a given basic sensor to their needs? The "on sensor" processing part you refer is developed by the client or is made by the sensor owner?

• @danyyyel

Good thing to understand about CMOS sensors (especially used in GH series), they usually have part of processing on sensor, including pixel binning. And this part can be really custom made. Plus main LSI are different. Hence any attempts to junge from Olympus camera can be unfounded.

• So we can look at OM-D video quality as a good starting point about the gh3 video. So anyone has done some research before about the OM-D video quality, sharpness, moire, aliasing etc.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

It just means that it is Sony sensor. Btw, same error Nikon made and same error US and EU made before. First it looks cool that you can save money. But suddenly you no longer have people, skills and facilities :-)

Should be written in stone.

• The video of the Interview is online:

On the interview page:

http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/coverage/interview

or here

• @Manu4Vendetta

Check our interview and other guys interviews, same shit.

It just means that it is Sony sensor. Btw, same error Nikon made and same error US and EU made before. First it looks cool that you can save money. But suddenly you no longer have people, skills and facilities :-)

• 'EOSHD: Is it a Panasonic sensor? So it is not a Sony sensor?

Inoue: Ah no comment!'

o_O

• @LongJohnSilver

It is simple, because I want our Photokina team to get as much donations as possible.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Maybe it's not the best moment/place...

Why you do not open a GH3 body donation campaign? Pre-orders are already opened. Is it too early?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev eoshd - voldemort - the force?? I had no idea!

• ah i forgot but do u work for panny?lol

• @chef

I always suggest after writing such things to go and look into the mirror. If it did not help, get your head under stream of very cold water for some time. After this again go and look into the mirror. Will be better. Checked and approved.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev If all the active people of this forum put their strenght and ideas together, you guys could easily build a New Camera from scratch. With all those fancy features "we all want" and simply destroy the market out there! Setting a new starting point! So all the companies have to offer more and more, but hey less pricy! It has to be done from everybody for the masses , basically like this forum does in a awesome way! Like doing a kickstarter project but in this website! (not there obviously!)

• @inefab

This topic is not about banding. Especially in such level of discussion.

• @towi Banding is inherent to every videocamera that use 8bit signal processing, but that's right, different type of compression (DV - AVC - JPEG, etc) may reveal more or less this artefacts.

• @GH2UW

I can tell you this. No one knows it. All this managers get information from other guys. All their answers are similar.

• So...according to Mr Yoshi Inoue the GH3 HDMI output is 4:2:0. That's disappointing.

• @narechk No doubt about the 4:2:0 then. But hopefully the HDMI output is more suited for external recording this time around.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions