Personal View site logo
No QT / PR422 option exporting from Premiere CS6 via Media Encoder?
  • I'm the videographer on an extended video project for a local theatre production, and I'm working out a good workflow with the editor. She's working in FCPX, but I use Premiere CS6 to do initial audio sync and color grading. After adjusting color and audio, I need to be able to output the footage again in ProRes 422 HQ, 1080p, at 23.976 frames per second. I selected the Quicktime -> ProRes 422 HQ preset in Premiere, but changed the pixel aspect ratio to square and set the resolution, correspondingly, to 1920x1080 (rather than 1440 x 1080 with anamorphic pixels, which is the default).

This custom preset encodes just fine in Premiere as a .mov file, as expected. However, when I try to export it via Adobe Media Encoder, it defaults to a .f4v file. The only other options I have in Media Encoder are .flv and h.264. No options for Quicktime formats, much less ProRes.

This is obviously not satisfactory. Any ideas how to get Premiere sequences to output as ProRes 422 through Media Encoder? I've tried updating both software, and reinstalling FCPX in case AME wasn't seeing my ProRes codec installation.

Thanks!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I have been struggling with the same problem all day. I have scoured the internet, but I have not seen a solution. AME worked fine in CS5, but after installing CS6 .f4v,.flv,.mpeg2 are the only options I see. I usually use DNxHD, but that is not there, nor is a whole list of codecs, including image sequences.

• Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'll post back here if I find a solution!

• I found the solution here : http://forums.adobe.com/message/4637985

it's worked for me

good luck

Ben