Personal View site logo
Sony RX1 and R1R Full Frame mirrorless
  • 60 Replies sorted by
  • Fixed lens cameras are bad for the environment. The sensor will be obsolete in a year, and then a perfectly good lens, even a superb lens, goes in the trash. Nice.

• Guys.

Read it slowly : M.A.R.G.I.N.

This was priority.

• I wonder why a Sonnar design and not a Biogon given the price.

My take on an interchangeable lens RX1 is that it will be cross elastic with the A99. I doubt Sony can make any profit from this niche product. It appears Sony is struggling with its portfolio planning, that sure explains why the company is financially in trouble.

• These will make great gifts for wealthy husbands to buy....

• sony sony, I was expecting something revolutionary, but who would buy a FF mirrorless camera that has idiotic fixed lens , no evf and costs 3000! this is for me just a pro camera for P&S people

• Full frame War ,game starts, Sony want to push their full frames and sony cmos.

• Beautiful, but idiotic with a fixed lens. How hard would it really be to make the lens interchangeable? Sell it as a kit with that lens, but for god's sake make it interchangeable. Who would buy a fixed lens camera for $3000?

• FF mirrorless system camera coming soon?

• Beautiful. Love the manual aperture ring.

I'll wait for the interchangable lens version. That would be the Leica killer right there.