Personal View site logo
"One Shot" short film
  • A little short I shot to get a feel for the GH2 and shoulder rig I've recently put together. It's a single shot, so technically it's not the best exposure throughout as we're moving from inside a van, to outside, to a building, but then again I like the blown out look :)

There is a tiny edit in it to take out a few seconds where I pointed the camera the wrong way (!!), but it's masked reasonably well. The one bit we didn't rehearse as it happened. Lesson learnt.

Technical stuff - CM Night hack, 24fps, Tokina 11-16mm set to 11mm, f2.8, Tiffen ProMist 1 4x4. Only light we used was a tiny LED panel mounted on the rear doors inside the van. Sound via a Zoom H4n (which I don't like) and dialogue recorded afterwards. Shot at ISO 640 which resulted in a lot of noise, which in turn resulted in me "discovering" the ISO bug - another lesson learnt for next time. Cleaned up and added grain :) Graded quite a bit, especially indoors, lifting the mids quite high.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Check this movie it is amazing

• Fun! Love the Tokina 11-16.

• @ChainsawFilms Great ending. Liked the final shot.

• Thanks for the comments guys.

I've not seen Russian Ark as it happens, but will watch it when I have the time. Thanks :)