Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @omellan For personal-view.com all you need to do is copy the address from the browser and then paste it into your comment. Other sides often have a button for embedding, but it's a step simpler here ;)

• @Phenixone that's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of shot. Congratulations!

• Hi! I hope I'm not too late for the sunset contest. While on Cape Cod last week, I was filming a sunset on the beach, when suddenly two people jumped into my shot. The man kneeled down and proposed. All this in front of my camera. https://vimeo.com/victorlazaro/sunsetproposal

[EDIT] - Shot on GH2 with 14-140 lens and @Driftwood Cluster v6 hack. Edited in Final Cut Pro X

• [vi­meo]

­eo]

• Sorry, I don't understand how to embed a youtube video. Here is the link again

• Here is my bug again, I didn't know how to embed the video last time. @mee : temperature was about 7°C and I think the bug was looking at the heat of the lens

• Sunset experiment witha Holga pinhole lens and Sedna.

• Panasonic GH-2, 1080/24p, Sedna Q1A patch, Distagon 1,7/50 with adapter,

• @rajamalik thanks pal. Glad it gave you some emotions, it was worth doing it for that alone!

• Canon FD 50 with ND2 filter

• My first entry....

Pansonic GH-2, 1080/24p, Smooth or Cinema (I don't remember), Distagon 1,7/50 with adapter, Canis Mayoris "Night" patch,

• here is my entry , zero grading, shot with cluster v6 on a GH2.

• @apriori thanks so much for the explanation on your lighting strategy. It was like a mini filmmakers workshop! I totally agree that shallow focus is played out and overrated. Your approach to compliment the natural lighting with modest lighting setups is enlightening and stunning to see in the stills. Creative indeed! Can't wait to see the finished piece! Will you have a trailer or snippet online?

• Heres the YouTube link to the sunset using sedna i know my phone doesnt load vimeo. Bell&Howell 16h

• @jupiter1 You win man,.all the best !!

• .. and the last one

• here goes another one

• Hello Driftwood, thanks a million for having any of us participating

have a look at my blog www.444-films.com

• Since Driftwood extended the final entry time I had a bit of time to clean up one of my two entries. I removed the original from my above but my other entry is still up there, so check it out ;) Anyways, I think most would agree this is a bit better than the other one I had, and definitely a bit closer to my original vision. First video is 1080p the second is 720p, for folks like me without a proper 1080p monitor. If I watch the 1080 vimeo version on my monitor is looks very blocky but the 720p version looks good. Original files are a whole other world of course. Shot using Sedna AQ1 A max detail in Cine mode set at 0-0-0-0 with a Marumi Neo ND 8 filter on a panasonic 14-42 kit lens.

1080p

720p

• I helped my buddy with this video. Shut on a combination of my GH2 using Sedna Q20 A (only account for about 30sec of the entire video), canon Mark 2, and AF100. Originally my buddy didn't wanted to use my GH2 but after he saw the files that came out of the GH2, he said we should have used the GH2 for the whole shoot.

• Shot with Canis Majoris Day PM Lenses: Nikon Nikor 28mm f2 AIS, Rokinon 35mm F1.4, lumix 14mm F2 with wide converter attached to it, Carl Zeiss planar 85mm F1.4 Genus ND filter. Camera setting: All ISO 160, WB Sun, smoooth -2, -2, -2, -2 mostly used 1/50th, shutter speed.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFxRdVhgYqw

There's a little contest associated with this. Check my blog http://eslkevin.blogspot.com for details. Shot with the Sedna Q20 patch with the Panasonic GH2 and 12-35 f2.8, 20 f1.7 & 7-14 f4.0

The Vimeo version is being uploaded and should be ready shortly.

• Mysteron -2,+2,-2,-2 Using 1/40th on Stock Lens, Sigma Zoom Lens 3.5 and Nikon 50mm 1.8. Filmed in Miami, FL.

For specific questions on any technicalities, I don't mind if you ask.

• @sangye Sorry for the delayed response! I'm usually not on here much. It was not actually. I'm just expanding my portfolio.

• Competition will be extended and open till tomorrow and close at midnight. Results of all entries will be judged by everyone in this thread as in favourite three (in 1st place to 3rd place order). The one with the highest agregate score from all votes will be judged the winner. Get your last minute entries in. :-)