Personal View site logo
How much should I expect to pay for a used Panasonic GH2H?
  • Hi again everyone.

I'm looking at the current UK asking price for a new Panasonic GH2H, and wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to go for a used camera...

As things stand, I have seen that the general asking price for a new GH2H is currently around £800 - £900 online.

One thing to note here is that I'm just looking at prices to get a rough idea of total cost at the moment, not actually in the market for this equipment until I get the funds together (being a student it can be a difficult task!)

I realise that on top of this I will need to invest in a quality Rig & lighting/audio equipment. The audio equipment isn't really an issue so much as I know what to look for, but as far as finding a quality used GH2H with a rig and lighting equipment, I have no idea what to look out for or where to look on the internet.

I wondered whether any of you here know of some good places to find a second hand GH2H and if you think it can be a good idea to go for a second hand video camera in the first place? Also whether the camera can be bought in conjunction with the necessary rig and lighting gear for a combination of more controlled fictional short film production projects as well as documentary style work too...?

Thanks for any guidance on this matter - I have seen that there are some amazing deals available for lighting and rigs through this very website. I just wonder if there is the option to buy everything al at once, second hand?

Thanks for your time.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Well i got a new gh2 last month(for backup) i paid 650 euro for it at a local foto store in germany.

you can get one for 600 pound on amazon.co.uk > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-GH2KEB-K-Digital-Camera-14-42mm/dp/B00452TG90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345138450&sr=8-1 I have a gh2keb as well and every hack works, i must say the quality is stunning (i came from a 5d mark II).

Buy a led Video Light i have this one its great > http://www.amazon.co.uk/walimex-Pro-Bi-Color-Video-Light/dp/B004JIJN02/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345138641&sr=1-5

Be sure to plan in 300 bucks(If you are on a budget) for a h4n(portable recorder) or if you have the money a roland r26 for about 400-450 bucks they should be enough for good sound (the roland is a tad better).

Hope i could help.

• This website is superb.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will look at those links now.

Gini Rigs seem great. I also like the look of the Tilta ones on sale here...

I already have a Zoom H4 but I am planning in advance to buy some top notch Sound Devices kit like a 788t :) of course, it costs a lot more, but I will probably spend more on audio than on video equipment, as my interests in film are much more audio-centric.

I've been browsing the lighting posts on this forum, and have come across some "As Arri" knock off lights that are apparently pretty good and won't break the bank if I choose the right ones.

But I'm going to look at all your suggestions and just wanted to get as much advice as possible before I go to spend any money... Thanks again you definitely helped.