Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • Urban Sunrise for competition. Actually pre-sunrise.

Urban Sunrise from matt_gh2 on Vimeo.

• @konjow: that last shot was amazing

• Great work @onionbrain, and everyone else who submitted a video.

• Something went wrong with the clip @onionbrain

• @kong @otcx @levisdavis @gib @JPB1138 @tobnyot @anti12 @pustotnik @vas907 @MisterBink @johnnygh2 @konjow

As Driftwood said -- really, really powerful images. You guys made magic!

Five or six years ago the DVX100 wow-ed people. Today, these images from a camera that costs less than half (numerical dollars) of what the DVX100 cost five or six years ago absolutely trash hundred thousand dollar cameras from five or six years ago.

Imagine five years from now...

Below is my 60 second edit of my sunrise entry. Filmed using Cluster V6 Drewnet.

• @apriori Very nice! Cant wait to see the short. What was your lighting setups? It looked very natural AND cinematic at the same time!

• I loaded Drewnet to my GH2. In 24P cinema mode I get some macro blocks. When I switch to High Bit Rate mode the macro blocks disappear and things seem fine. Does anyone else experience this problem ? Thank you Dennis Kane

• Much appreciated @mozes ...When you get an opportunity look at some of the other videos like the prequel to the above also shot using @driftwood magic but this time using seaquake:

• Love the way you have edit it @Nameless

• I think i love @driftwood and @Vitaliy_Kiselev...Thank you guys!
    This was shot using CM Night on everything apart from the club footage:

• I think sunrise couldn't compete with sunset. However Irish one can :)

• Hi estaban thank you I don't know.. I read that recording in mjpeg is not geving me a better picture that the avchd anyways.

Another thing I like to now is what rendering settings do you use because my "drewnet"footage does not look sharp at all :( I use:

sony vegas pro 10 and render as sony AVC picture

Video format: AVC profile: high 1920x1080 Entropy coding: CABAC Framerate: 23,976 Field order: None (Progressive) Pixel aspect ratio: 1.000 Bit rate(bsp) 20.000.000

Hope someone can make this clear for me.

• Hi here is a sunrising I shot.. I will post my second one later!

• @futurefilmmaker Thanks for the kind words. We actually didn't use iDynamic. I'm not comfortable enough with it to try it out during an important shoot.

• @apriori Wow that is amazing! Looks like a legit movie. Did you ever use iDynamic in any shots?

• Seriously? Cool. I had no idea. I'm glad the tutorials are helping.

• @last_SHIFT Thanks, we definitely put a lot of effort into lighting!

• @shian Thanks, man! Your exposure tutorials were essential to our shoot. Excited to see what Colorghears can do for us once it's time to grade.

• @apriori nice work, man. Very nice.

• @johnnygh2 Im not an expert but the footage you get out the camera is coming as 2048x1152. therefore, your project settings should be same instead of 1920x1080. otherwise when you click "match project settings" it will make your footage go down to 1920x1080 ?? I dont know if that makes sense. AND i believe the 2minutes recording time is equals to 2GB so you have 16minutes of filming in total.

If im completely wrong can someone please correct me

• I just wrapped principal photography on a short film, titled 'Mulberry', that we shot on a GH2 loaded with Sedna AQ1. While I've been using the hack for months, this is the first time I really put it through its paces. The results are so impressive I'm tempted to build a shrine for @driftwood.

Camera profile was set to Smooth, -2, -2, -2, -2. Three lenses were used: Panny 7-14mm, Oly 12mm, and Panny X 12-35 zoom. These stills were pulled directly from the raw, ungraded camera footage:

Hallway.jpg
    560 x 315 - 37K
    Confrontation.jpg
    560 x 315 - 55K
    Carl.jpg
    560 x 315 - 40K
    Rain.jpg
    560 x 315 - 41K
    Piles.jpg
    560 x 315 - 53K
    Ron.jpg
    560 x 315 - 36K
    Sleep.jpg
    560 x 315 - 44K
    Jason.jpg
    560 x 315 - 61K
  • @driftwood Nice shot. Rock on!

• Swim~to~Land is fully into production. Picture still below. 5.45am UK. Lens: Canon EF 80-200 'Magic Drainpipe'.

Back to Competition: Looking forward to more sunrises (in particular) and sunsets before the next few days out. There's some terrific looking entries coming in :-)

Swim to Land Still3.jpg
    2560 x 1234 - 784K