Personal View site logo
Google I/O 2012
  • 16 Replies sorted by
  • Google Now rearing up for battle with Apple... Jelly Bean SDK out... cool. Some nice aesthetic products coming, Nexus 7 and Q look pretty reasonable.

• @driftwood Definitely an interesting day for Google and Android. I'm still baffled they priced the Q so high. It doesn't do anything more than every other set-top box out there, and costs $200 more. It might be dead in the water before they can get it off the ground. That said, its design is awesomely HAL-9000-esque.

• I'm still baffled they priced the Q so high. It doesn't do anything more than every other set-top box out there, and costs $200 more.

This is exactly the response you can expect if you train people to respond to specification numbers and not to the function.
    Idea for this item to have modern and complete solution for one exact problem.
    Plaing music . Just add two speakers.
    Digital amplifier is present. Yes, it can play movies, sort of. But it is not important.
    Plus it is made to be easy to use for whole family or bunch of guys who just happen to have Android phones.

In a similar fashion, the $199 tablet looks like a really nice item, but again I am put off by the fact that is an end-consumer-only device... and you still have to pay for the content.

It is really normal :-)

I might be living in another planet, but if the movies are going to cost me, and music and books too.. shouldn't the device be (almost) free then?

No, it should not.

• I don't hear they mention if the Nexus 7 has a SD card slot

• I don't hear they mention if the Nexus 7 has a SD card slot

I think they did not mentioned many things. Exactly because they are absent :-)

It is not competitor for modern full function China tablets (on A10 or new Rockchip).
    It is more like Amazon Kindle Advanced.

• I see..thanks VK

• That Google Glass presentation was fuc**ng amazing!! This kicked ass!

• I understand its function, and purpose, but my question is, what makes them think anyone is going to buy a music streaming device, let alone for $300. It solves one problem, and likely will do it well, but I don't think it's a problem that warranted a $300 solution, when so many other devices can do the same thing minus the paltry built in amplifier.

• @Philldaagony

Do not worry, people will buy it. :-)

• @subco

Consumers don't give a fuck about FLAC.

They want to listen to some specific music. Find it fast, get it fast and listen on any of their devices. Share with friends.

• ASUS told that Nexus 7 won't support MHL, so no any video output option will be available. Same, it won't be able to connect any USB flash drives.

So, get better one of tablets mentioned at

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3714/cheap-chinese-tablets-you-can-look-at#Item_14

• Have you guys check this out yet:

Nexus 7 is capable to replace a monitor and even better with DSLR controller too!