Personal View site logo
Development plans
  • I thought it could be good to have topic containing all current hacks development plans :-)

GH1

• We want to allow to change some of the matrixes

Cameras without manual video modes

• Introduce manual video. Current idea is to inherit your stills settings upon pressing video record button.

All cameras

• New round of work considering film modes (or picture modes).
    • Display of hack name in the version information screen.

P.S. Right now, and some time in August I am at the rest. :-)

• 68 Replies sorted by
  • In addition to

Introduce manual video. Current idea is to inherit your stills settings upon pressing video record button.

I really desire the ability to get HDMI out of the cheaper smaller cameras (GF2) when recording

• I really desire the ability to get HDMI out of the cheaper smaller cameras (GF2) when recording

We have special topic for wishes.

My current understanding is that it is hardware restrictions.

That would be really good @Vitaliy_Kiselev. I can't count how many times I've forgotten what I had loaded.

• Manual mode video will be killer feature if you manage to do it... Also higher or lower ISOs out of the stock range will be great feature to play with :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Everything on those plans sounds great to me. Now, enjoy that much deserved rest. You've done enough already!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Thanks again for collecting all of this information ahead of the GH3's release. Can we go ahead and start donating specifically for you to get a GH3 when it first comes out? If it is too soon then I understand. Thanks for all of your hard work. It is always appreciated.

• Yea, I forgot to mention that you shoud rest now.. Well done job for now... Have a good summer ;)

• Thank you for all the work Vitaly! I am very interested into new Film modes that make better use of the available 8 bit. But you should indeed take some rest and enjoy the summer.

One Question: You once wrote that it might (!) be possible to control focus in native MFT lenses via mic input. This, together with less sharpening on them would be really a killer feature. Just to bring this up again.

• Thank you, VK. All the hard work won't be wasted.

• The one feature I miss in the GH2 is a manual pedestal adjustment like Panasonic's pro camcorders have. This would allow us to lift the dark areas of the image up, out of the noisy and crudely-encoded low end of the 8-bit scale. (Of course, you would then need to correct the elevated black level in post.) It'd be great if a pedestal adjustment could be incorporated into custom film modes, perhaps to replace the useless Noise Reduction feature?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I like the suggestion:

In the same line of logic I would like to see some kind of signature making it's way to the RAW/JPEG files. This would make it easier locating stolen cameras.

We had talked about it before: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/59177#Comment_59177

So far, the best candidate would be allowing us to change the "Software" tag.

• In the same line of logic I would like to see some kind of signature making it's way to the RAW/JPEG files. This would make it easier locating stolen cameras.

I need someone to assist me, meaning providing all information about current EXIF structure. So, I could track and find necessary code.

• i second setting up GH3-specific fund right now. May enable you to pre order a couple as soon as possible?! If GH3 turns out to be just rumor, i'm sure people wouldn't mind collected money becoming extra back-payment for all the GH1/2 work!

• i second setting up GH3-specific fund right now

Guys, it is weird to collect money for unannounced camera. We won't do this.
    Not until it'll be official and price and availability will be known.

• In the same line of logic I would like to see some kind of signature making it's way to the RAW/JPEG files. This would make it easier locating stolen cameras

How would this be more useful than a serial #? Is there a way to do a web search for earmarked RAW files? If so, would it work if someone transcoded the RAW to some other format?

• @brianluce

You can search by camera used to take photo, and this could be exactly the field you could change :-)

• You can search by camera used to take photo, and this could be exactly the field you could change :-)

This internets thing is truly amazing. Who would have thought just a series of tubes could be so powerful.

• If possible, please add option for turning on MF Assist while recording video or at least display focus distance while using MF mode (for lenses without focus scale printed).

• @RosTo

First, it is impossible. Second - it is wrong topic.

• Too bad it can't be done. Also, forgive me: now I see this thread is for announcements rather and not for suggestions.

• It had been quite mad September and October.

I'll be working hard in November on the items outlined in the first post of the topic.

Also we have GF5 and FZ200 in line.

• Any chance of an LX7 hack?

It would be great to get higher bitrates off this camera. The Canon S100 does 1080/24p @ 38 mbps. Kind of sad that the LX7 is only half that.

Thanks for all your past efforts.

• It looks like I'll have good amount of time in November, and as I said, will push hard.

• That's great news. But save yourself some time and don't push too hard... You are in 1st place, then everyting else ;) Best wishes Vitaliy