Personal View site logo
The editman rig for GH1
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • There's one piece missing.... the EVF rubber eyecup.... Arrrrrrrr!!!!!!
  • deleted
  • Ah, in the District of Criminals... ;)

Bummer, you seem cool. Well, if you're ever back in Japan let's go shooting or something. I'm in Nagoya BTW.

Looking forward to seeing your video, Thanks!

• I will post one tonight. I'm in Washington D.C.
  • Very cool!

Do you have any sample vids using it as a make-shift steady-cam?

I'm in Japan too BTW, what city are you in?

• Glad you liked it. Yeap... it took me a while to find what I like... or what I really want.

Initially I wanted to record better audio. So I got a preamp and a mic. Plus LED light. How to carry them? I saw the original editman rig from http://www.theeditman.com. That looked cool. So I got one. I don't like bulky and expensive ones that do only one thing. I just need a few "right" gears to do all things I need to perform. This is it. Imma happy camper. Hehe.

Hope you find a right configuration. If question, just ask here. Oh they got very nice lens support, too.
  • Thanks for that Stonebat.

I really love it's versatility and how you demonstrated that in your vid.
    It encourages thinking creatively with the camera in hand which I think is just awesome and the way have always found myself working regardless of what I have or where I am.

I'd need to modify it somehow with some rails for FF and lens support. But again just love how versatile it is.

Best LW
  • I can't recall exact cost as I kept buying more blocks. Very roughly $700 total. High quality parts made in USA. Frankly I haven't bought made-in-usa gears in freaking long time.

Canon S95 + compact rig version weighed less than 2 lbs. My 5 years old likes using it. :)

My tripod is the cheap Weifeng WF717A from amazon at $149... but the price jumped to staggering $299. Anyways I didn't wanna spend too much on a tripod as I'm more interested in moving the camera around. The rig worked out nice for me.
  • Very cool Stonebat, good vid. How much did you put that together for?

Best
    LW