Personal View site logo
Pentax thoughts
  • Hello, I wanted to revive the forum with the intention to progress more in the Hack of the pentax.

All this came the need of a friend downgrade a firmware 1.13 to 1.12 In a Pentax K-5 by problems in focus with tungsten light.

I did some research with a Pentax K-7 and its firmware and discovered several things. But the most important and which I think is the cause of the hack of the pentax has not been made possible, I have managed to introduce several ways firmware modified. I'm pretty sure that works in K5, Kx and Kr as well, but I dare say that in older models and new models too like K-30

I want people who have contributed much in this thread, . to renew their illusions. Publish their progress.

The first thing you would need is a good disassembly of any of these models (very similar). I have Ida Pro 5.5, but my knowledge of assembler are rather poor and I can not get to disassemble the code well.

If I can today, will try to test this in a K-5.

I leave you a snapshot of a small text change in the firmware of a K7, which is the model that has left me a friend.

A great

• 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions